Sign in to follow this  
profoundwill

US Amps USA-442

I just got a US Amps USA-442 and I was wondering what kind of info can you guys give me on it, power that I should expect, how good is the amp, you know things like. Help me feel good about my purchase :D . Also, I understand that it has a very complicated built in crossover, can someone help me out with this also? Thanks

Found out how to use the crossover after a lot of searching.  Anyway does anybody know if can run the amp at a 1 ohm load?  Thanks!

just of the bat u probaly cant run it at 1 ohm i i remebr the usa series usually was 2 ohm stable dats it buh again im just guessing here

As a generic answer to your question (not sure if the amp is stable there), just wire two 2 ohm coils in parallel. Or 4, 4ohm coils in parallel and you will have one ohm. Here is the math:

1/(amp ohm load) = 1/voice coil ohm1 + 1/voice coil ohm2 + 1/vco3+....

Only use how many voice coils you have. In the case of a single sub with 2ohm DVC it would be 1/x = 1/2 + 1/2 :therefore x = 1 ohm

For 2 DVC 4ohms it would be 1/x = 1/4+1/4+1/4+1/4=> 1 ohm load

For 1 DVC 4ohm it would be 1/x = 1/4+1/4 => 2ohm load

BUT PLEASE CHECK THE AMP SPECS BEFORE GOING TO 1 OHM!

The regular USA series should be 1 ohm stable in stereo, mono 2 ohm. I believe it was the Xterminator series that was 2 ohm stereo. I may be wrong though. And the HCs were .5 or .25 ohm.