ricksi30

New box Ideas

So I am wanting to build a new box for my 3 sa10's mainly just to see what I can make these things do with different tunings and box volumes. They are pretty underpowered for now on an aq1200d at 1.33 ohms. My current box is 4 cubes net at 34hz. Just wondering if I should go down in volume or keep it the same? The main reason for building a new box is just for fun/practice I have the wood and time and want to try something different. I will build another new box when I get more power. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks -Rick

Edited by ricksi30

I vote staying with the largest volume that is recommended just because efficiency is higher with larger enclosure volume in vented applications. Also, power handling is reduced as enclosure size increases.

I vote staying with the largest volume that is recommended just because efficiency is higher with larger enclosure volume in vented applications. Also, power handling is reduced as enclosure size increases.

Yeah thats why I went with such a big one to begin with. It seems like everywhere I look for recommended specs I see a different number. Thats why I'm trying to get some additional opinions.

Since you have 3 10's you should try to fit a but load of port area into your available space. should be efficient, and low, and clean. and lots of port area lets (ME) tune my box currently very easily with different sizes restricting the open area of 7.5 x 10.5 witch is nice and has 0 port noise. at 48" long with box at 1.8 cubes the tuning is 42 hz and it hits lows very very well. clean as a whistle. depending on how much room you have ( trunk space etc.) you should go for a huge , stunning port. with about 2 cubes of box volume. per sub.