Hey everyone i am new to car audio and am planning on doing a big setup. I was planning on getting a 250 amp alt with 2 yellow tops powering 2 audio q 2200 connected with 2 12 inch fi btls. My question is that do i need fuses? If so how big do the fuses have to be? How do i know? Where do i need a fuse the most?

THANKS

Edited by Babbar Khalsa

Well to answer your question YES you do need fuses for protection. I'm sure you will be using 1/0 wire so you will need a 200-250 amp fuse. You need a fuse on any wire going to or from a positive battery terminal at a distance of 18" or less from the battery.

:fing34:

I like to run a ground from battery to battery, some don't. This is a very basic diagram of my current setup.

DualBattery3.jpg

Edited by edouble101

:fing34:

I like to run a ground from battery to battery, some don't. This is a very basic diagram of my current setup.

DualBattery3.jpg

Thanks for the diagram bro. My truck goes from alt to fuse box to battery. Should I put a 250 amp fuse in between the alt and fuse box and the fuse box to battery or just one of the two? Thanks

The diagram I posted is for additional wiring. Keep your stock wires in place and add additional wires.

These vids may help you