Sign in to follow this  
sefugi

Options on Alt. for an Isuzu Rodeo

Checked the DC Power site but do not see an option for this vehicle and was wondering what may be my selection.

2002 Isuzu Rodeo 2WD

3.2 V6

Probly no room for a 2nd alt so I will probly need something with some hump.

Need your recomendations and my options.

If you need furthur info will be glad to provide it.

Thanks!

If you want something simple to install with monster idle output, I have a new 200HP that will be a really, really good alt for up to about 2k watts. If you dont mind some extra work to install, you can put a 270XP in there, but it is NOT a fun install at all. We can also do a 320HP in there because you have enough belt wrap to swing it if you want something with lots of top end and decent idle output. The 200HP is hands down the easiest/best choice though. Rob

If I go with this Rodeo as my install vehicle (I have a choice of 2 vehicles, this one being the best of shape) the starting amplifier output will be 4-5000 watts. This will be a SPL/Groundpownder with a wall, planning on 6-8 batteries. I want to make a wise decision going into this on the alt. so I have the electrical to make this happen. Thanks

What's the other vehicle? Either way sounds killer

How do you do the math to figure this out, like, how much power will you need from your Alt to support X amount of batteries properly? I know that it will all depend on what your Electric is asking for, but for only 4-5k watts, isn't 6-8 batts a lil overkill? I'm not sure how to figure this out mathematically, but I'm pretty sure there is some type of formula or something lol :ughdunno:

Amp efficency, fuse rating, battery ah can help give a rough estimate.

I just shoot for same amperage as amp fuses at leasr

What's the other vehicle? Either way sounds killer

Mid 80's sqaure body blazer.

Would like to use this Rodeo possibly. This vehicle only has 38,000 miles, it is being given to me by my Dad. Would give me a nice option of traveling to some shows that with the blazer I would not go to without replacing the engine and trans.

How do you do the math to figure this out, like, how much power will you need from your Alt to support X amount of batteries properly? I know that it will all depend on what your Electric is asking for, but for only 4-5k watts, isn't 6-8 batts a lil overkill? I'm not sure how to figure this out mathematically, but I'm pretty sure there is some type of formula or something lol :ughdunno:

I agree that the 6-8 bats may be overkill but I want the groundwork layed for upgrades to amps and subs!

As of now on paper the amp fuses wil be 600 amps together. Guess I need 2-300amp alts. :shrug:

If you want something simple to install with monster idle output, I have a new 200HP that will be a really, really good alt for up to about 2k watts. If you dont mind some extra work to install, you can put a 270XP in there, but it is NOT a fun install at all. We can also do a 320HP in there because you have enough belt wrap to swing it if you want something with lots of top end and decent idle output. The 200HP is hands down the easiest/best choice though. Rob

If I go with this Rodeo as my install vehicle (I have a choice of 2 vehicles, this one being the best of shape) the starting amplifier output will be 4-5000 watts. This will be a SPL/Groundpownder with a wall, planning on 6-8 batteries. I want to make a wise decision going into this on the alt. so I have the electrical to make this happen. Thanks

To your response that I did not answer... I have no problem with dealing with an install of an alt that is NOT fun. I have a very good background in autos and modifications. I am not wanting to rebuild the whole serpentine belt system, but some heavy mods I am up for!

As of now on paper the amp fuses wil be 600 amps together. Guess I need 2-300amp alts. :shrug:

Then take into consideration that the amps won't get up to their fuses, so your at less then 600amps. And then your not playing test tones, music is dynamic. Then 6-8 batteries...

You should be fine with a beefy alt and all those batteries.

Either way just go with what you can afford and install. :D

Is this build going to start sometime this summer? Can't wait to see!

I agree that the 6-8 bats may be overkill but I want the groundwork layed for upgrades to amps and subs!

Ok, so lets say you grab some XS 3100, they can handle 5k each, so 6-8 batts that you are preparing for a upgrade :peepwall: lol, you must have some pretty big plans!! Let alone the cash for all those lol. An addictive sport we live in :popcorn:

Then take into consideration that the amps won't get up to their fuses, so your at less then 600amps. And then your not playing test tones, music is dynamic. Then 6-8 batteries...

If I can get some other things I have in the works completed, then Yes I will commense this summer.

If I can get some other things I have in the works completed, then Yes I will commense this summer.

:woot:

:woot:

:ohnoes9:

I love your builds

:popcorn:

I hope your summer starts as soon as the souths summers start! I know its the same date, but you know what I mean :lol2:

Sign in to follow this