MrBrooks

port volume for DCON 10

I have always been a sealed box guy,so I have NO idea how to tune a box. That being said,how much port do I need in a 1.25ft box with DCON 10????? Will be for daily use playing mostly rock/metal. I was thinking 40-45hz maybe? Please correct me if I'm thinking wrong.

17-22 square inches of port should be more than enough. I would tune way lower than the 40-45hz you stated. I have a DCON 10" Ported and tuned to 33hz and it sounds amazing with all types of music.

24-28" square or cubic???

Square - ^2. Check out this

Just use that design if it fits your vehicle.

Port area = port width * port height

Thnx Duran. That calculator helps a lot. Looks like 3" x 12.69" will put me at 32hz. Had been thinking round port for simplicity. Unless you all don't recommend a round port. Wanna keep box kinda flat and tall. To fit in the corner of cargo area where a jump seat once was.

An Aero Port can be used if room is a concern as you can use up to 50% less port area with an Aero Port. Aero Port Calculator

An Aero Port can be used if room is a concern as you can use up to 50% less port area with an Aero Port. Aero Port Calculator

You sure about 50%, seems like a lot.

You sure about 50%, seems like a lot.

Up to 50%.

Depends on application that 50% may or may not work.

I'm going to have to agree with everyone so far on the tuning...deff tune it LOWER.

Upon further research and playing with the calculator Duran linked me too. Looks like a slotted box is doable. 1"x8"x9.5 will put me to a good 33Hz.

Thanks for all the info