alexgg2

12" Fi BL 3" coil vs. 4" coil

What is the difference between the 12" Fi BL 3" coil and the 4" coil. Will 4" coil make it handle more watts and/or make it louder. Or is it for cooling. If anyone knows the difference between the two please let me know. I am planning on ordering a sub really soon just need to know the difference and benefits of each.

higher power rating, more weight. Not much to do with cooling, if anything at all.

Yea more power handling and the only way I could see it would cool better would be more surface area... Goodluck with the bl!!!

Higher power handling = more cooling.

on lower power, but wouldn't that become nonexistent after the increase in power being sent to it? (assuming you're putting a larger amount than what the 3" is rated at)

on lower power, but wouldn't that become nonexistent after the increase in power being sent to it? (assuming you're putting a larger amount than what the 3" is rated at)

Perhaps if you thought about it as a cpu, you can overclock it so it's faster but it'll also be hotter, but if you can keep it cool enough then it'll handle being overclocked. :peepwall:

Perhaps if you thought about it as a cpu, you can overclock it so it's faster but it'll also be hotter, but if you can keep it cool enough then it'll handle being overclocked. :peepwall:

This. Only due to the sheer surface area of a 4" coil vs. a 3" coil.