Sign in to follow this  
bumpncarstereo

building the box for the 15

what is the cutout diamater for the sub, and what would be the cutout diamater for the 2nd baffle if i wanted to have the flush mount going on.

i was originally gonna do 3.5 cubes ported, but i would need to do a build in for that, and with no heat in the garage, i am not gonna do it till sping. so i ended up going chosing to go 2.5 cubes sealed.

Cutout is listed as 14-1/8". This has been about 1/16" too large for me, but I am an anal bastard and I love a tight fit. If you can get it at 14-1/16" you'll be golden. Gonna be kinda hard if not using a precise cutting tool and jig, so just get close. Cutout diameter for the front should be between 15-1/2 and 15-5/8". The slight differences I've dealt with in gaskets will vary. Easiest thing to do is measure.

but I am an anal bastard and I love a tight fit

hmm..........sure goferit! whatever you like, it's cool with us.

:hay:

Funny guy. Want me to go into detail??

haha sorry, just couldn't pass it up. details.....hmm.......are you still the pitcher?

haha sorry, just couldn't pass it up.  details.....hmm.......are you still the pitcher?

The ball is coming in your direction. Get on your knees and be prepared. :wackit2:

No more OT posts. :fing34:

true true. I am settled.

what is the cutout diamater for the sub, and what would be the cutout diamater for the 2nd baffle if i wanted to have the flush mount going on.

i was originally gonna do 3.5 cubes ported, but i would need to do a build in for that, and with no heat in the garage, i am not gonna do it till sping. so i ended up going chosing to go 2.5 cubes sealed.

You will be very pleased with a sealed box. I had my 15" mag in a 2.7 cube box and it soudned incredible in my scion TC.

cool, thanks, i am still waiting on a few things. the box is built, i am just having ReQ carpet for me, (i carpet like flakko cuts the hole for the sub, poorly) and i still need a HU