Sign in to follow this  
DarkSide_Audio

When will the RL-I 10"s be availbe again for order

I am becoming more and more convinced that the RL-I 10" driver will be the driver of choice for my new system in my 2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. Ive purchased a stealth box that installs under the rear seat providing enclosure space for 2 10"s with .65 cube of airspace per 10". After debating between the Diamond Audio CM3/D3, Resonant Engineering SE and even the Elemental 11Kv.2 I was given the RL-I 10" as another suggestion that seems to be the best choice.

I went to the soundsplinter site to order 2 of these subs and was directed to a page stating they were out of stock. Does anyone here know when they will be replenished enough for sale? I have my enclosure, amp, and HU on the way...if there's going to be a substantial wait Ill go ahead and order my new midrange drivers and have everything installed and waiting.

Thanks

Hey there DarkSide, terribly sorry about the delay on the RL-i's.. it's been driving me (and I'm sure plenty of interested parties) up the freakin' wall! I have all the parts waiting to go into production except for the baskets. I've learned that lead times are an estimate at best, so I always clarify that I estimate availability by early January - but to be completely honest, they'll be ready when they're ready :ugh2:

The baskets are coming into the States from China, so they have to take quite a boat trip to make it to the Port of Los Angeles, and due to new security policies sometimes shipping crates are delayed for up to three weeks while they undergo various testing for nuclear screening. There is no telling which shipments will be delayed so it could feasibly be until late January before we see the return of the RL-i. I sure hope it doesn't take that long, but even if it doesn't my "best case scenario" has the RL-i's slated to be ready no earlier than the very end of this month.

Hate to say it, but you may just have to get workin' on the rest of your system.. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you (and me!) :blink:

you know what mike, try gettin some baskets from DD... im pretty sure they have some 8 baskets lyin around

I would, but price is a huge factor for me since I run this jig on very low margin and volume with respect to other audio retailers, and as I've already layed out thousands in tooling fees for the new cone and surround on the 8" speaker, I cannot justify spending a higher markup on the baskets. Also as noted, it seems that a supplier has been located - just that it will take some time for the parts to make it to the assembly plant in San Diego.

Darkside, I think it is worth the wait, the quality of the subs and the customer service is very hard to beat

I've been impressed with all I have read so far and the timely replies to email and forum posts. I just wish I knew for certain if these are the subwoofers I need lol