Sign in to follow this  
Derek_K

i like what i've heard so far...

in a truck, i used to run 3 memphis pr 12's in a ported box around 40 htz. the subs were awesome, i loved them, but since i can't put all 3 in my new car's truck, i'm looking for a new pair of subs that will give the memphis' a run for their money. i've done some reading on the diamond audio d3's and liked what i've heard so far. a few people said they slammed, but mostly i've heard a lot of compliments on their sq. well it's all good w/ the sq and all, but i'm looking for something that'll straight up S L A M !! will these do the trick in a box ported around 35 htz? and if you have any suggestoins that's cool too... i'm buying off of e bay, so i'd like to keep it around 200 for the pair.

Yea, but the d3's are $200 shiped for the pair... that seems really cheap, but that's about what the pr's cost too... So am i really looking at that much of an upgrade? i was running 3 pr 12's ported to 40 htz in an ext. cab truck, and i'll be switching to 2 diamond audio d3's tuned to 34.... is it going to be at least AS loud?

Yea, but the d3's are $200 shiped for the pair... that  seems really cheap, but that's about what the pr's cost too... So am i really looking at that much of an upgrade? i was running 3 pr 12's ported to 40 htz in an ext. cab truck, and i'll be switching to 2 diamond audio d3's tuned to 34.... is it going to be at least AS loud?

P.S. the d3's are now going in the trunk of a car.

probably not. i doubt you'll get as loud with only 200 for the pair. what amp do you have? MAYBE with a pair of type-r's in a good box, but they aren't going to sound as good as some diamonds. if you want to S L A M, as defined by most people on this forum, you'll need to spend more like 3-400 for the pair and give them 1000-1500 watts rms.

if you dont have a lot of power to work with, you probably dont want to upgrade your amp too, and the d3's will sound nice and get fairly loud, but they wont top 3 memphis pr's.

probably not. i doubt you'll get as loud with only 200 for the pair. what amp do you have? MAYBE with a pair of type-r's in a good box, but they aren't going to sound as good as some diamonds. if you want to S L A M, as defined by most people on this forum, you'll need to spend more like 3-400 for the pair and give them 1000-1500 watts rms.

if you dont have a lot of power to work with, you probably dont want to upgrade your amp too, and the d3's will sound nice and get fairly loud, but they wont top 3 memphis pr's.

i'm running an elemental designes nine.1... (i've heard) it pushes around 1200 rms @ 1 ohm, and i was feeding about 200 a peice to the pr's... so i'll be using more wattage running the two d3's.... i went ahead and did a little more researching and looked at the d6's and in the same box it would take for one d3 12 i could fit 2 d6 10's... and i looked at www.realmofexcursion.com and a guy hit i think it was like 136 w/ a pair of tens!! and i'm almost sure that's what i was hitting with my 3 12's in my truck which is almost unbelievable (well, comming from some 10's in that small of a box)... So if that's the case then i think i could get away w/ putting 3 10's in my trunk and be King of the streets around here lol... most of the people around where i live stay with kicker, mostly comp vr's... well i'm definitely not a big fan of the vr's and will NEVER run a set, so i'd like to get some more options in mind before i buy.... so If i was to bump up the price range on some speakers to compare to the 3 pr's (around $400 shipped) what would be my options? i'm pretty much limited to only about 6 cu feet max, my trunk openings REALLY small, so aside of building in the trunk, i'll have to put 2 3 cu ft. boxes in seperately... thanks

-d