trod2902

Subwoofer stopped working :(

I was bumping my SSD lastnight when it all of sudden stopped. Everything was sounding great and it just stopped. I looked at the connections to the box and everything was fine, then i pushed on the cone and it started working again. Still, it sounded just like it should (awesome lol) but then it stopped again. This morning i took it out of the box to check the connections to the sub and everything was as should be. When i would push the cone it would jump but stop working again. what the hell could this be??

also the tinsel leads, spiders, and everything else looks fine and in place.

Edited by trod2902

Sounds like the tinsel leads snapped, either under the spider(if you have them sewn in) or under the dustcap( if they are sewn on). The only way that happens is overexcursion.

Thats it ^^

its in the box i built for my Bl 12 that im waiting on, i figured it would break but i thought it would be something more dramatic than that lol. I plan on reconing it to D1 anyway.

can i just temporarily fix it by soldering the tinsel back on?

Thats it ^^

its in the box i built for my Bl 12 that im waiting on, i figured it would break but i thought it would be something more dramatic than that lol. I plan on reconing it to D1 anyway.

can i just temporarily fix it by soldering the tinsel back on?

If you can physically see where it broke, yes, if not it will require a knife and a recone to fix.

is it possible to detach the spider without cutting it, repair the tinsel, then glue it back?

Not without tearing a spider, they are glued together, and it's hard to separate spiders without tearing it when there is CA glue holding them together. You can try, of course though, I wish you luck.

lmao

i guess ill try anyway since i have to recone it whether i try or not

are there any CA glue solvents?