Sign in to follow this  
On3Hundr3dProof

warranty coverage

im running 2 sa-8s in 1.2 cubes off of a saz-1000d. i noticed there is a tear starting between the spider and cone on one of them. :suicide-santa: this sa-8 is about a month or 2 old. is this covered under warranty or do i need to get a new one?

Is the sub no longer performing well ?

Occasionally there may be excess glue that pulls off of the inner-most spider roll that is not actually a tear of any kind.

well i was getting a buzzing noise from the sub and thats when i looked and noticed the tear. i put some of that 5min epoxy on the part that looked torn a while ago and its performing fine now but im still getting a slight buzzing from that one sub. i have another sa-8 at home ill switch it out with but right now im in nj visiting my wifes family and going down to tn next week to visit my family so itll be a while, but when i get home and pull it out and get a chance to look at it ill post it up if i can find anything. Besides this though i love how well these little things can perform.

after listening to it a while it seems to be performing slightly worse than normal and the buzzing is more noticable at higher frequencies than lower ones.

:ughdunno:

If the excess glue peels off the inside roll but doesn't come off it can buzz a bit as the sides rub together -- we can check it out for you if you like.

well i looked at it tried to make sure the ripped looking area was glued again and i played it for a bit and now the buzzing seems to have gone mostly away. ill be back home in about a week so ill change it out with the other one and send it to you guys if im still having problems with it. :thanx: for all the help though!

Sign in to follow this