Dangrebel

My Aq hdc3 18 review

wazzup folks i recieved my audioque hdc3 18 by ups friday and had a helluva time getting all 7 cubes tuned to 30hz made of birch in my ext cab sierra. As soon as i turned on my stereo it was on a country song on a Cd. i noticed it was as loud as my 1 12 but it has even moved 2 milimeters yet and thats when i giggled. so to play around i put on a test tone of 25hz and stepped out of my truck only to see my windows moving atleast half inch and my back glass flexing around 1.5 inches, as i was steppin back in my truck it made my hair stand up like a hair trick! the lows are so crisp and kick drums and kettle drums are tight and controlled, ive never had a sound quality driver but this sounds damn good and low. Oh yea and all that flex and everything is on 200 watts by the way( my 2 ap1500ds are on the way). i was beside my dads truck and his mirrors where shaking also! all i can say is wow Audioque has outdone themselves with this unbeatable priced sub.

I didn't realize those subs liked to be tuned low? Keep me posted on how it performs once you put some more power on it.

Yea everyone I asked said to tune it to 36-40 hz and I said screw that I'm not gettin an 18 to tune it to 40 hz haha so that's why I chose 30hz and needless to say it murders the low notes like a champ and does an ok hair trick on 200 watts

I didn't realize those subs liked to be tuned low? Keep me posted on how it performs once you put some more power on it.

They do.

Yea everyone I asked said to tune it to 36-40 hz and I said screw that I'm not gettin an 18 to tune it to 40 hz haha so that's why I chose 30hz and needless to say it murders the low notes like a champ and does an ok hair trick on 200 watts

Size of the woofer has nothing to do with tuning.

Your right M5 but it's a personal preference, I wouldn't by an 18 just to play 40hz and above and I love low notes so that's why I strayed from the 40hz tuned pack