Radius

Uh oh! Important Bravox CS603CF Question

Ok so I *finally* got my Bravox order. The part shipped via UPS got here quick. The USPS part... not so much. I was getting worried cause they were 4 days past due but they showed up today. Besides, I'm not in a big hurry so no worries.

Now for the really important part. I see the midrange and the tweeter are pre-mounted in their respective housings with the really nice aluminum trim rings, etc.

But.... how do these babies come apart? Do they come apart? They have to come apart otherwise I am screwed. The plan is to mount the tweeters in the factory locations in the mirror trim pods and the midranges next to the midbass drivers in the door. This will NOT work if I can't get the raw drivers out of the pretty aluminum housings.

If this won't work I will have to return them - if I can. But I don't want to! I want to hear them! :D

So any experience with getting these guys apart? I certainly don't want to scratch or break anything!

Thanks,

Michael

Marco?

Anyone?

Really need some insight on this.

Michael

Edited by Radius

Let me state that these are guesstimates so proceed at your own risk.

I presume the tweeter is a standard small format simply mounted in a fancy housing. Why do I think that? Because you can swivel the tweeter some inside the housing, and you can see what appears to be a standard small format plastic housing around the tweeter. So my GUESS is that you could probably disassemble these with no issues, other than I don't know what the connection terminals look like inside of the case. It probably has direct-connect wires which you would have the be careful not to pull out of the tweeter itself.

The midrange however, to me, looks like it was manufactured that way & wouldn't be able to be disassembled.

Any particular reason you can't just scrap your original plan & figure out a way to use them as-is?

Let me state that these are guesstimates so proceed at your own risk.

I presume the tweeter is a standard small format simply mounted in a fancy housing. Why do I think that? Because you can swivel the tweeter some inside the housing, and you can see what appears to be a standard small format plastic housing around the tweeter. So my GUESS is that you could probably disassemble these with no issues, other than I don't know what the connection terminals look like inside of the case. It probably has direct-connect wires which you would have the be careful not to pull out of the tweeter itself.

The midrange however, to me, looks like it was manufactured that way & wouldn't be able to be disassembled.

Any particular reason you can't just scrap your original plan & figure out a way to use them as-is?

Thanks for your reply.

The only way they will work as-is would be to drill holes in my door panels which I am unwilling to do. I dislike excessively modifying my cars when doing installs. That way when it's time for the car to go bye bye it's easy to pull my gear and return it to stock.

The tweeters are far too big to fit in the factory location in the mirror trim. The plan for the midranges is to mount them next to the midbass drivers in the door panel using a custom made mounting plate. I have room for both drivers behind the factory grill as long as I can get access to the bare drivers.

Since I hadn't gotten a reply, I decided to forge ahead. You are correct, the tweeter if fairly easy to disassemble. The inner part of the tweeter fits inside the outer trim ring which is glued in place. The wires to the tweeter simply need to be desoldered and the tweeter is free.

The midrange looks like it's assembled exactly the same way but without the swivel feature.

So before I go any farther I am going to test all the drivers to make sure they all work! :)

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by Radius