BTL15

Car woun't play music NEED HELP

Hey guys my brother drives a 1996 Jetta GLS. The other day his car quit playing music. I know its not the head unit because I took it out and tested it and it works I even put in his older pioneer that also works and it played for about 1 second then it stopped playing music (same happened with the first head unit also). My question is what could be the problem cuz I have no clue. Any help would be appreciated

could be a short,. or the ohms are too low for the deck....

are all the speakers good?

Ground? Does it completely cut off or just will not play music?

Check fuses.

It just won't play music it stays on it just quits playing music.

could be a short,. or the ohms are too low for the deck....

are all the speakers good?

Yea the speakers are all good just old....It's ohms shouldn't be too low cuz it played for about 2-3 months before this happened with the head unit and I don't see any reason for it to be the ohms.

Pull the HU out. Take a good know speaker and hook it directly from the back of the HU to one of your sets of speaker wires and see if it plays. Just to make sure there is not a short with the other ones.

Check all the other wires too.

Pull the HU out. Take a good know speaker and hook it directly from the back of the HU to one of your sets of speaker wires and see if it plays. Just to make sure there is not a short with the other ones.

Check all the other wires too.

This shouldn't be a problem because I swapped the head units and the other one had a different wiring harness that i had to attach so unless both have a short then this shouldn't really help should it?

Does it play music for 1 second then stop playing music every time you reset the head unit or turn the car on?

Does it play music for 1 second then stop playing music every time you reset the head unit or turn the car on?

It started out with it just having a lot of static, then it began to stop playing after 1 second every time the car started and now it doesn't even play at all

Edited by BTL15

Could be wiring from the harness to the speakers. Pull the door speakers and try them directly plugged into the HU.