Sign in to follow this  
ill_eagle94

Just placed my order!!!

I can't wait to get them in and installed! It's been quite a while since I've done any car audio and I'm pretty excited to get back into it!

That is awesome but what did you buy?

It's in the title! Just placed my order!!! 2x SA-12 and an SAX-1200D

:drink40:

Woot woot. Start a build log :)

Perfect match...some would say a match made in heaven...(i get corny at around 4a.m.)

Well for now they're going in a sealed enclosure in my trunk. I purchased the enclosure and it's a bit smaller than I'd like but I'll deal with it for now. Eventually the back seat is coming out and I'll do something in its place. Not a wall or anything crazy, just a good ported enclosure.

I've purchased a 1/0 wiring kit that came with extra ground to do at least my battery. I am planning on doing the big 3.

I also purchased some braided and shielded RCA cables.

I'm just hoping to get it all done in time for Mustang week down in Myrtle Beach!

My last setup started in a 1994 Eagle Talon. I upgraded the battery and ran 0ga as well as doing the big 3. I was uninformed at the time so I had a capacitor as well. I've skipped it this time and will upgrade my battery and get a second if needed. In that car I had 2x dual 4ohm Kicker S12L7s sealed in a box I built and a Kicker SX900.2 that stated 1040 on the birth sheet.

I then took out the system in that car and bought a 2004 Honda Civic Si and sold the pair of dual 4ohm S12L7s and the sealed box. I added a Panasonic CQC9800u headunit, Polk Momo MMC6600 in the front and rear. I then purchased a ported enclosure and a dual 2ohm S12L7 and wired that up to the SX900.2.

Edited by ill_eagle94

It's in the title! Just placed my order!!! 2x SA-12 and an SAX-1200D

:drink40:

good catch! I didn't see that off hand on my smart phone (dumb phone)

and build log for sure! and pictures once it all gets in!

So, my subs and amp came in yesterday! Jacob hooked me up with a 1500d v2 instead of the 1200d I ordered.

When I got home from work today, I ran my power cable from the hot lead through a grommet that was already in the firewall, under the carpet into the rear seat well.

I'm going to try to wake up a little early tomorrow to run the RCA cables and maybe secure the sealed enclosure in the trunk.

So, my subs and amp came in yesterday! Jacob hooked me up with a 1500d v2 instead of the 1200d I ordered.

When I got home from work today, I ran my power cable from the hot lead through a grommet that was already in the firewall, under the carpet into the rear seat well.

I'm going to try to wake up a little early tomorrow to run the RCA cables and maybe secure the sealed enclosure in the trunk.

Sounds great!!! Hope your takin' pics for a build log!!

Lucky you, now hook us up with some pics. :lol2:

I'll snap some pics hopefully tonight. I don't have much time to get it together right now, I may tear it all down and re install later. This morning before leaving home, I did some more work.

I unbundled the sub preouts on the back of the deck and ran the RCA cables up the passenger side to the rear seatwell, all under the carpet. I also hooked up an audio cable to the auxiliary input on the back of the deck so I don't have to plug into the front anymore.

I also removed the rear passenger side seatbelt clasp. I used my dremel to sand the paint off the floor, cleaned up both sides of the seatbelt anchor and bolted it all back together with the ground on there.

wtf with these hooks up???

wtf with these hooks up???

I dunno! Maybe the 1200ds were out of stock? It didn't give a reason.

I'll snap some pics hopefully tonight. I don't have much time to get it together right now, I may tear it all down and re install later. This morning before leaving home, I did some more work.

I unbundled the sub preouts on the back of the deck and ran the RCA cables up the passenger side to the rear seatwell, all under the carpet. I also hooked up an audio cable to the auxiliary input on the back of the deck so I don't have to plug into the front anymore.

I also removed the rear passenger side seatbelt clasp. I used my dremel to sand the paint off the floor, cleaned up both sides of the seatbelt anchor and bolted it all back together with the ground on there.

Seat belt bolts are not good grounding spots, ground somewhere else.

So, I used my multimeter on my jumper cable. End to end I got .7 ohm. I then disconnected the ground from the battery, clamped to the ground and measured resistance across the amplifier ground and the car ground and came at .7 ohm, dropping to .6 ohm. Seems like it should be fine.

Sign in to follow this