i was not planning on upgrading the electrical but i can. Also i was wondering if i did get 2 icon 12s would 1000 watts be enough to run them.

i was not planning on upgrading the electrical but i can. Also i was wondering if i did get 2 icon 12s would 1000 watts be enough to run them.

You could. There is no such thing as under powering a sub. It would even leave some room for upgrades in the future assuming your dead set on the icons

okay but will it be enough to run them well

Again, there is NO minimum amount of power needed to run and speaker, 1 watt is enough, if that's all you have.

well your first problem was coming onto the SSA forums and asking about the cvt, or any kicker for a fact. yes, i will agree that the l7's solox's,and comps have no sound quality what so ever. BUT they do get REALLY loud. for some reason, whenever i say the word "kicker" on here,everyone flips and has nothing to say but bad things about them. i have owned every kicker sub (except cvt) and i love the kickers. personilly, the kicker cvr is the best bang for ur buck sub out there. but thats just me. im not dissing SSA or IA or any of them. but give kicker a chance lol. if they are as bad as everyone on here says they are, then why is kicker so popular? 1 out of every 3 systems i see, is kicker. just saying fellas..

well your first problem was coming onto the SSA forums and asking about the cvt, or any kicker for a fact. yes, i will agree that the l7's solox's,and comps have no sound quality what so ever. BUT they do get REALLY loud. for some reason, whenever i say the word "kicker" on here,everyone flips and has nothing to say but bad things about them. i have owned every kicker sub (except cvt) and i love the kickers. personilly, the kicker cvr is the best bang for ur buck sub out there. but thats just me. im not dissing SSA or IA or any of them. but give kicker a chance lol. if they are as bad as everyone on here says they are, then why is kicker so popular? 1 out of every 3 systems i see, is kicker. just saying fellas..

Thats dumb, just because everyone is doing it doesnt make it right. Most people are ignorant anyways, doest mean kicker is awesome, just means the brand is popular.

POINT 1 - well your first problem was coming onto the SSA forums and asking about the cvt, or any kicker for a fact. POINT 2 - yes, i will agree that the l7's solox's,and comps have no sound quality what so ever. BUT they do get REALLY loud. for some reason, whenever i say the word "kicker" on here,everyone flips and has nothing to say but bad things about them. i have owned every kicker sub (except cvt) and i love the kickers. personilly, the kicker cvr is the best bang for ur buck sub out there. but thats just me. im not dissing SSA or IA or any of them. but give kicker a chance lol. if they are as bad as everyone on here says they are, then why is kicker so popular? 1 out of every 3 systems i see, is kicker. just saying fellas..

To point 1, there's a lot of people who are biased against Kicker, and many more of us who aren't though.

To point 2, you agree they "have no sound quality what so ever" and yet turn around and defend their purchase. Unless you're competing why would anyone buy a speaker if it didn't sound good? Or put another way, why would anyone WANT their music to sound bad? I think it's these kinds of questions that raise awareness to the decisions we're making and why some people get defensive to either the "for" or "against" arguments for any brand. I have personally heard several Kicker installations that sounded quite good, but they were built to. Always remember that resulting sound you get is 10% equipment and 90% install.

kicker subs (in my opinion) are mostly for spl. they have a few series of drivers that do sound quite good. from what iv been told and see, the comp vt is not a bad sub for a shallow mount enclosure. in fact, my buddy has a f350 single cab and wanted some cvt's. he was shot on cash so i lended him one of my cvr's in a truck box and it sounds FANTASTIC! im just saying to really find out how a sub performs, you need to hear one in person. too many people are biased on forums. my previous post was what i thought on the subject....

Kicker subs have the ability to sound good. I don't understand where that misconception comes from. There are much better options for the money. That's why most of the members here will recommend another company.