Punkeyboozter

Home Sub (Scott please help)

Rather then stay up until 3 in the morning for firechat due to time differences i though id ask here...

Need a sub for my HT. Currently I have two BL's in my car.

I want something that that plays lower with more depth then the BL's. I love low lows with presence. IB is not a option in my current place.

What is my options and what options should I select? is there something else I should specify? Sealed ported whatever I can build the box and consider my self a bass-head intermediate but this whole HT thing has me baffled.

I know Scott has his finger in other sub companies as well, which makes me think why Fi and not any of the other companies he has a part in? I need good a good sub and the price is not so much a problem as performance might be; as shipping will kill me anyway.

We'll have the HT stuff rolling for blueprint in the not so distant future..

Sounds like you need a Q to me, but..depends on what kind of box you plan on putting it in.

I'd opt a ported, low tuned Q.

Yeah i figured it woulld be a q or two. How about the other questions. Feel free to pm me if its a toucy subject. I can wait for the ht stuff as im no rush as it is.

Thx guys.

Isn't touchy..just isn't ready for release with blueprint, if you need it fairly soon a polished Q woofer will work.

Isn't touchy..just isn't ready for release with blueprint, if you need it fairly soon a polished Q woofer will work.

Interesting, what is this polished version? Polished basket? What do u recommend sealed or ported? Small room but opens to a larger area. With no boot to limit me i recon a 18 is in order? Im in no rush due to renovations ...all this will likely happen towards dec.

Interesting, what is this polished version? Polished basket? What do u recommend sealed or ported? Small room but opens to a larger area. With no boot to limit me i recon a 18 is in order? Im in no rush due to renovations ...all this will likely happen towards dec.

Polish as in..make it more HT friendly.

Far less people leaning on the stupid button in the home theater crowd..if you have room..bigger is always better.

No 21..just 18

How about that 22" :peepwall:

No 21..just 18

No cone or surround..

No 21..just 18

No cone or surround..

Yet...:ehh:

No 21..just 18

No cone or surround..

Yet...:ehh:

Not worth spending the money on it right now...WAY more important things ahead of that on the list.

OK thanks Guys.

What do you guys recommend. Sealed or ported. Yes I know its the age long question on preference, but in all honesty I only know the characteristics of the BL's.

It will be paired with Dynaudio Focus range and will see a fair bit of music as well.

The Components are driven by a Denon while the sub will get a Crown amp with some headroom in case I want to go hooligan again in the future.

Thank for all the replies.

Personally I've got a BTL 18 in 15 cubes @ 15hz in my house with one of the down firing power port style ports that polk uses...

Shit will crack drywall if i want it to :)

Personally I've got a BTL 18 in 15 cubes @ 15hz in my house with one of the down firing power port style ports that polk uses...

Shit will crack drywall if i want it to :)

Nah I need something that can crack concrete walls. :)

Does this mean that two 12 BL's should make me happy as well for HT/Music needs? Will they have mechanical problems if I tune that low?

If not I might just have to get a BTL from you instead for my car which brings me to another topic. I used to have both BL's in my car which basically screwed up the whole boot and with the baby stuff and shopping always having to go on the front seat...this didt fly with the misses. I found that a single 12 to be somewhat of a good compromise.

Will a single 12 BTL make me happy and hit those hard lows? How about basterdizing me two BTL 10's ahaha or maybe I should just take a 15, then again I always wanted a 18 but it will never fit in the rice burner.

Here is the setup that I liked at 30-32HZ but it took too much space. amp was only there for testing.

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

Then this worked pretty good for me but sounded like shit at 40HZ though arguably louder then the setup above.

25102010.jpg

25102010001.jpg

Sorry for all the rambling Fi is the best!

So what would u recommend? Using the two bl's tuned low for ht and getting a btl for the car? ...or getting a q for the ht and use the single bl for the car?

Suppose the wise option would be to use one bl for ht and the other for the car, but that would be too easy.