Sign in to follow this  
Hostility

help on box for s10 please

well ive built many boxes for my ext cab s10 over the past 2 years, and ive never really been happy with it. Right now im running 3 sa12's on a saz 3500. my box currently is 5.26cubes @ 31hz with 81.25 in2 of port, with subs firing forward, port up drivers side. The box i tried before this was subs forward, 2 6" aeros firing up @ 36hz. I liked the box with the aeros but wouldn't play the lows i wanted it to (but found out later after 2nd box my ssf needed to be turned down, so im not truly sure if it would play the lows i wanted it to or not. So my question is, is there anyone with experience with trucks like these, and what should i do next? i would like to reuse my 6" aeros if i could.

what are you not happy with? overall scores?sound?

this isnt for scores, but for sound. it will sound good on a few songs, but once you throw some songs with more beats in it, it sound sloppy and like a$$

I've heard the truck, when it was two NS15's and a 3500D.

It SLAMMED when the windows were open, not so much when the windows were up.

I think its more of a cabin size issue than a box issue.

I've built a few S10's all with the same issue.

I haven't really figured it out either, but that's the only think I have been able to come up with.

Maybe someone with a S10 that gets down to 30Hz with authority will be able to let you in on their secret.

took me a few min to figure out who you were lol. Yea, ive had a lot of people tell me what i should do, but i need some mini truck guys to maybe know whats up or something. When i had my 2 sa8's i had the box firing up, and it was meh, fired it towards the seat and made a night and day difference, but then again, the box was way under the window line with no where to load, so that could be why it was louder, but after that i always fired forward, plus more room to.

I have had very good luck firing up and up. Im going to try subs forward port up but for now they load very well on the roof. Im tuned at 40 but for daily id stay between 33-38 if you are playing alot of diff. Music.

Stupid phone.

Edited by traks

i have a ford ranger which is the same thing as a s10. iv found that firing the subs forward is much louder.i have 1 12" orion hcca on a mtx1501d amp and its super loud. i had 3 12's once but i could never get them to sound good. so i went wither 2 15's which was much better.my 12 is louder than most 15" truck set-ups believe it or not.

I haven't owned one myself, but from my past experience installing in many extended cab trucks, I always found firing subs down seemed to be a good balance between sound quality and output, with less loss when you close the doors/windows. Just my thoughts...maybe someone who owns one may have tried a few other options as well...

I've got an s10 too. Sub up port up on the passenger side went crazy for me. Plus I could put my hand over the port. It seemed louder to the ear that way too. I feel it more when the subs are facing my back and port up on passenger side. Hope that helps...

well the thing is with 3 12's, is that i cant fit both subs and port up, its either subs up port forward or to the side. or subs forward and port up or side. Also i will not do a down fire. ive heard it working for some ppl but wouldn't do it myself. I also ran 2 15's in my truck, but i find these 12's more efficient on getting louder in my truck. I could do the same style set up, but i think the port config needs to be changed, or its to much port area. I think when both windows are down, to much pressure from the port goes out the window. The problem i had with the 2 6" aeros firing up is that i was limited on length, so i could only tune it to 36hz without building a really tall box. I thought about side firing, but not sure how that would sound.

The problem i had with the 2 6" aeros firing up is that i was limited on length

Thats the only thing I dont lik about aero's. Bring your box size down alittle. Try 4.5 cubes subs forward port up either on the drivers side or a slot port along the windowline. Use around 16" to 18" of port (generic way of doing it) unless you feel like doing the math to figure out what port area your subs like. Tune it around 35-38 if you want good sound and if you ever compete,if its daily try 33-35.I have had better luck running my subs in alittle bit of a smaller box in my truck. Ive tried 30hz in an s10 and modded songs sound great but regular music sounds like :bull: . Like I said I have 40hz tunning now (actually 39.something or another) and I can play anything music wise and get a good sound out of it.

Sign in to follow this