knockinthastreetzof608

would you buy this?

well i have a 2005 ford mustang and im just dumb because i live in wisconsin and snow+mustang=fail!

so i really really want a 2 door tahoe or yukon i always liked them so i went on craiglist and found this

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/2502791711.html

im thinking about offering $3,900 dont want the rims since its goin be a winter ride really

think i should even consider it?

There is a Black one near my house for 4000 ... wish I could get it ...

Yes, I like it !!! I don't care for the rims either ...

just my suggestion ...

Buy some snow tires. I drove a Mustang in the winter for many years. It's pretty easy.

I'd much rather drive a stang with snows than that turd and I live in MN

Buy some snow tires. I drove a Mustang in the winter for many years. It's pretty easy.

I'd much rather drive a stang with snows than that turd and I live in MN

Agreed. I'm not a mustang person at all, but even then that Yukon is quite a step down

i like it a lot just paint the wheels or something i don't like chrome

i like it a lot just paint the wheels or something i don't like chrome

i was going to ask without the wheels, and ask offer them a lower price in all honestly it may never have rims on it at all above 20 inches since it will be my winter car but i will definatly do a build on it

I guess I'm the only one who thinks a Mustang in snow is a bad idea. I guess that's because I lived in Germany and my dads Cobra has a pretty rough time in the snow. Even coming back to the States it was sketchy being in that car with snow.

Now would I trade a 2005 Mustang for a 1993 Tahoe? HELL NO!

I think he plans on keeping the Mustang and using the YUK as a winter beater. I did this for many years, and one of my beater's was a Mustang. Now, if you had trouble driving a Mustang in the winter, it's simply because you did not have the right tires on it. Granted, it won't plow through drifts unplowed roads with half a foot of snow, but the key is tires. Performance tires in the snow are akin to slicks in the rain. All-season tires aren't really all-season either. Go to the Tire Rack's website or youtube and watch some videos of comparisons with cars on winter tires. You'll be amazed.

Now, I happen to love the idea of having a winter beater, but I only like it simply for the fact that I don't care about it. If something happens to it, so what, it's a beater.

so then what do you reccomend? and you saying its a turd because of the model i like or how the owner itself took care of it?

Winter tires. And turd for both reasons. My Silverado was the biggest POS I've ever owned, but more importantly in this case you know any asshat that likes those exact rims on that truck has his priorities completely screwed up and I am sure has not taken care of that truck at all. Even if you "have" to buy that model I wouldn't at all be interested in that one with or without the rims.

My M3, M5, 328i, Lincoln Mark VIII (3 of them) I all drove in MN winters. Only the M3/M5 received snows and I never had a problem, but will say that the snows COMPLETELY change a car for the better. In our climate I'd much prefer ANY of those cars with snows to my ML with normal all seasons. Hell they make such a difference I actually bought snows for the ML as well.

I live in Cincinnati and our winters produce some pretty nasty driving conditions. That said I drove around for the majority of last winter in RWD cars without snow tires. I never had much of a problem. If it's horrible out even 4WD isn't going to be all that beneficial. My advice is get snow tires if the driving conditions are truly unbearable. You never mentioned a budget for a winter beater car, but if I had to recommend something based roughly on the cost of that Tahoe I'd say a first gen Impreza RS. That's just me though. I'm not fond of SUV's. I'm also not fond of GM. As Sean has stated the rims indicate a poor owner. At any rate I'd just get snow tires and call it a day. Why spend all that money on a second vehicle if you don't need to. Other than the initial cost of the vehicle you've got insurance and maintenance etc etc.

well idk maybe just me i always liked 2dr tahoe yukon gts ect...not really a fan of foreign cars only a few, maybe because of my family's history of them working at gm for generations but my budgets will be around the 5500 range, correct i am not selling my mustang just bought it last year barley has 30k on it, but as to winter tires what kind do you recommend ? because my job i wake up really early in the morning and the city has not even plowed the snow yet(sometimes they do but the majority of the time they don't) because i did drive it last year in the snow and it will spin out when came from a stoplight when i turned to quickly i just slid, even on me slowing down it barley made a difference i was just happy my car was a manual and i had better control of my car

I've used Bridgestone Blizzaks and General Altimax with great results.