Sign in to follow this  
///M5

KVM Question: USB to PS2 converters??

Alright here is my dliemma. I have an office in the room next to my living room. Recently I moved my desktop pc into the office closet (well ventilated) and ran a monitor cable into my living room where a wireless keyboard/mouse and my lcd are. In my office I have a laptop and docking station. Since the computer is now in the office I would like to make the monitor and keyboard in my office be able to control both computers so that I can burn CD's, rip music, and just generally be able to get at the box without running back and forth.

My thought was to go to a KVM switch, as there are some cheap ones from Newegg for like $15. The problem that I am having is that my Razer optical mouse is USB only and these are set up for PS2. I was under the impression that I could use a USB to PS2 adapter but can only find them in the PS2 to USB variety and not the other way around. Does anyone know where I can find one of these and if it will work??

I have one for my Microsoft optical mouse.

Currently using it right now.

If i had a spare i would send you one

I have an extra one. A couple of bucks via PayPal and its all yours.

Well, that works for me. I owe your brother a check, I could just add a couple bucks to it? At least it is my understanding you are bro's. Still need an address, or confirmation that the one on the box is right. Thanks for the shipment too!

Edited by ///M5

Well, that works for me.  I owe your brother a check, I could just add a couple bucks to it?  At least it is my understanding you are bro's.  Still need an address, or confirmation that the one on the box is right.  Thanks for the shipment too!

That would prob be eaiser.

I still have your addy.

Well, that works for me.  I owe your brother a check, I could just add a couple bucks to it?  At least it is my understanding you are bro's.  Still need an address, or confirmation that the one on the box is right.  Thanks for the shipment too!

That would prob be eaiser.

I still have your addy.

Doh, just sent you a PM. I will blast off a check today! Thanks for the instantaneous shipment, if I don't hear from you by tonight it will just come to the address on the box.