Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

98 Grand Prix Gt Setup help

Not sure where this post would go but i'm sure the mods will move it if it's posted in the wrong area. Basically i'm looking for advice on the best setup I can get for a 98 pontiac grand prix gt four door. Amps, crossovers, subs/boxes, 6x9's, regulators, etc. I listen to every kind of music (besides country) so it's a bit harder to nail down my needs.

Basically I want a system I can show off. One that during a show everyone around can here what's playing on my system (and feel it) loud and clear. But I want it to also sound good inside because what's the point if it is very loud and clear outside but distorted inside.

So as much power as I can squeeze into this car. Also I know that description is basically what 99% of everyone buying a system says but eh...it's a good one. I'd like to stay around $2000 but if you have a setup that cost more(i.e. fold out dvd screens, novelties, etc) but you feel it's worth mentioning, and wanna post it along side with the cheaper setup, i'll definitely take not of it. Model #'s and price/install estimates please. I'm located in Las Vegas if that helps. Thanks again for taking the time to read this.

Edited by Maverick

Are you doing the install or is that part of the $2k, because if you are paying for install $2k isn't much money.

If you want it to be loud outside your car, mount your speakers on the outside of your car--too bad it won't sound good in your car if you do that.

Are you doing the install or is that part of the $2k, because if you are paying for install $2k isn't much money.

If you want it to be loud outside your car, mount your speakers on the outside of your car--too bad it won't sound good in your car if you do that.

I hear advertisements on the radio for $1 installations alot. Also by listening to their advertisements of different products $2k should net me a pretty decent system.

Any custom work is gonna cost you more than $1k

Just your average install wont be " show worthy"

I hear advertisements on the radio for $1 installations alot. Also by listening to their advertisements of different products $2k should net me a pretty decent system.

if youre talking about Audio Express's advertisements, don't even bother

"home of the 1 dollar wire fire"

if youre talking about Audio Express's advertisements, don't even bother

"home of the 1 dollar wire fire"

No I mean the ssaudio radio advertisements. They both have similar advertisements though. Either way we're getting off track here :P

Any custom work is gonna cost you more than $1k

Just your average install wont be " show worthy"

I'm looking for around $2k not $1k. As far as show worth is concerned...my car is on display for other reasons not concerning the stereo system so i'm not trying to get a spiffy looking setup that looks pretty.

I got a few setups already planned out but I figured i'd post here to see if anyone has ideas I haven't considered. Especially horror stories from certain products/retailers.