Sign in to follow this  
one luv

270xp compatibilty

gettina killer deal a bnib 270xp, ive heard deiffrent things so jsut wanted to make SURE on which info is correct. I have a mechman ABVM is or is it not compatible with this unit? vehicle is a 01 gmc sierra 5.3

We've seen the voltage sporadically go back down to 15 and up to the higher voltage set point. This seems to happen more and more when you get over 16.5 volts. The reason is the AVBM tricks the alternator into thinking that it is putting out lower voltage than it really is. Our regulators have external sense (which is what the AVBM uses to boost the voltage) and internal sense. When the remote sense (external sense) goes over x.xx than what it sees internally it thinks there is something wrong with the external sense reading and will then stop remote sensing and then use the internal sense of the alternator for a security precaution.

i wasnt and dont plan to run it any higher that 16.5 ever if ever. originally i wanted to switch over to a 14v system with a 16.5 charge.. but the more i think about it the more im sur ei wanna stay at 12v system. which im running optima yellow tops which can safely be charged at 15.0v so would assume ona cold charge i could have it set to. 15.2 or so so it drops back down to 14.9 or so.. so would that work then or assuming not becuase of the design? and what is the voltage set point? can it be adjusted?

i wasnt and dont plan to run it any higher that 16.5 ever if ever. originally i wanted to switch over to a 14v system with a 16.5 charge.. but the more i think about it the more im sur ei wanna stay at 12v system. which im running optima yellow tops which can safely be charged at 15.0v so would assume ona cold charge i could have it set to. 15.2 or so so it drops back down to 14.9 or so.. so would that work then or assuming not becuase of the design? and what is the voltage set point? can it be adjusted?

My xp voltage would vary slightly depending on temperature outside, cold morning ~15.5v, hot afternoon(100 degrees, tucson arizona) it would sometimes sag down to 15.2v or so. All at idle. The alt was very impressive.

The alt voltage doesn't need to be adjusted, or should I say meddled with.

interesteing!, see ive heard a few diff thing about em, i heard voltage point is set at 14.3 your seeing 15.xx before i go spending this kinda money id like to know what it is im buying

interesteing!, see ive heard a few diff thing about em, i heard voltage point is set at 14.3 your seeing 15.xx before i go spending this kinda money id like to know what it is im buying

If you visit dcpowerinc.com and select the alternator your interested in, you can click the "performance" tab and it'll show the voltage set point. <--This number will vary slightly depending on temperature (at least in my experience).

There is nothing wrong with using 15.5v on standard 12v battery and 14v charging setup. For what it's worth, my xp was in a jeep wrangler, had a optima (red or bluetop, can't remember) in the front, no secondary battery, running a single saz1500d, full tilt at idle my voltage was in the higher 14s.

cool well hopefully this deal goes thru and ill have a nice new matte black 270xp on it way in the next day or so.. waitin on my sa_8s to get here then its go time

Sign in to follow this