Sign in to follow this  
orlando144

Soundstream Dtr Amp by SS or PA?

Does anyone know if the first line of Soundstream D-tower amps where made by Soundstream or Power Akoustik? It seems like a solid amp and can run at .25 ohm no sweat. Does anyone happen to know?

I don't know much about them and have no experience with 'em but I'd like to see one run at .25.

I don't know much about them and have no experience with 'em but I'd like to see one run at .25.

Theres vids on youtube where a guy is running 2 of these on 2 xxx 15's at .25 each daily. And mine runs good but i need better electrical ...

I'm not doubting their ability to do so but am kind of surprised that they will go that low without going into protect almost immediately.

I'm not doubting their ability to do so but am kind of surprised that they will go that low without going into protect almost immediately.

Alot of people doubt some SS stuff but i was also suprised. It dosnt go into protect unless my voltage goes to the 11's. A guy's Sundown 3k went into protect imediatly at .25 and had better electrical.

IIRC its a parent company that owns both power acoustik and soundstream. Anyway those amps came out after the company took over.

Bromo is correct. Epsilon owns Power Akoustik, Soundstream, and Precision Power. Look em up.

Considering they are rated for being .5 stable it's not really that surprising. The rubicons will drop down to 1/4 ohm as well

IIRC its a parent company that owns both power acoustik and soundstream. Anyway those amps came out after the company took over.

Yea ive heard of IIRC before but didnt know much about it. But thanks for the info.

Considering they are rated for being .5 stable it's not really that surprising. The rubicons will drop down to 1/4 ohm as well

Yea thats kinda what i was thinking. Are rubicon series amps any good? I was looking to buy a 1.1600 for a jl 13.5 w7

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

I haven't heard anything bad about the Rubicon series, heard some folks speak real highly of them actually. I thought that they were the only recent SS line capable of operating under 1ohm. :shrug: oh well

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

I haven't heard anything bad about the Rubicon series, heard some folks speak real highly of them actually. I thought that they were the only recent SS line capable of operating under 1ohm. :shrug: oh well

<-- ive heard it so many times on forums but dam i feel dumb XD

Ive heard they do rated power. The 2500.1's internals look promising but who knows ill try out the 1600.1 :shrug: