crazyj23

DCON 10 box design help

My original box was the one recommended from ssa and it sounded good but the wife wants more space in the trunk so I have to do something different. So I need a box with less depth preferably ported still and a little longer tuned to 32hz. I don't understand how to use the box calculators I have found.

Heres what I have to work with as far as area: 32"long x 16"high x minimum depth of the sub which i'm unsure of. The sub is 6" deep so I'm guessing a 1/2" more than that is minimum :ughdunno:

Basically I just need a longer less deep box that will still sound good. I listen to mainly rap/hiphop and some d&b. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you keep the port diameter the same then you need to keep the length the same and the rest of the volume of the box the same. That being said, no online calculator is needed for that :)

I want to make sure I understand you.. As long as the dimensions of the port stay the same volume wise and the overall volume of the box stays the same it doesn't matter what shape it is? So if I keep the same height but just make it longer and not as deep it will be the same. Thats kinda what I thought. Thanks

I want to make sure I understand you.. As long as the dimensions of the port stay the same volume wise and the overall volume of the box stays the same it doesn't matter what shape it is? So if I keep the same height but just make it longer and not as deep it will be the same. Thats kinda what I thought. Thanks

Yes, just don't change the port or box volume. For subs shape does't matter. However I think you need more space behind the sub. If you have a vented pole (a hole in the back of the sub) you should keep it at least the diameter of the hole away from any walls.