Sign in to follow this  
MikeMartel

Time for New Speakers.

Alrighty, Sadly it looks like my Infinity Reference 5.5" speakers are dying. (guess it more sounds like that...). Anyways, my one speaker sounds fine.. but the other one is starting to sound quieter and not nearly as sharp and i think its time to switch it up a bit. What i was looking at were the Bravox CX50CF coaxial speakers or the CX50K components..

My first main question i guess is from the SSA store do these come in pairs? or are the speakers priced individually.

Also iv heard good reviews from other Bravox speakers but i havent really found any reviews on these particular ones. Obviously im looking to stay in about the same SQ range as the Infinity's, i dont want to be buying something that doesnt even sound as good.

Tell me what you think.

Almost forgot, im running a Phoenix Gold Ti. 500.4 to power my speakers.

Edited by MikeMartel

They are sold in pairs.

Well then... No real experience with Door fabrication and fibreglass but maybe i should go with 4 components. 2 in each door. Tweeters up by the A-Pillar? Ill need to remove the rear speakers anyway, and since ill have 2 extra channels on my amp i guess i could try?

Edited by MikeMartel

Alrighty, Sadly it looks like my Infinity Reference 5.5" speakers are dying. (guess it more sounds like that...). Anyways, my one speaker sounds fine.. but the other one is starting to sound quieter and not nearly as sharp and i think its time to switch it up a bit. What i was looking at were the Bravox CX50CF coaxial speakers or the CX50K components..

My first main question i guess is from the SSA store do these come in pairs? or are the speakers priced individually.

Also iv heard good reviews from other Bravox speakers but i havent really found any reviews on these particular ones. Obviously im looking to stay in about the same SQ range as the Infinity's, i dont want to be buying something that doesnt even sound as good.

Tell me what you think.

Almost forgot, im running a Phoenix Gold Ti. 500.4 to power my speakers.

Well then... No real experience with Door fabrication and fibreglass but maybe i should go with 4 components. 2 in each door. Tweeters up by the A-Pillar? Ill need to remove the rear speakers anyway, and since ill have 2 extra channels on my amp i guess i could try?

Sucks to hear your comps are the 'ol "destruction is imminent " song. As Ohjay answered, yes they are sold in pairs. While I've not had a chance to listen to any of mine, yet, I can imagine the SQ of the Bravox sets are just as good and likely better than the Infinity's. All the reviews I've read point to very well designed and built drivers with SQ being more the goal than anything else. I've got a set of CS60K components and will be giving my opinion on them as soon as I get them in so if you're still trying to decide by then maybe that will help.

If you're not as worried about staging and imaging (key components to real SQ) as you are just generally sounding good and getting louder then working on putting two sets of components in your front doors is a project that you can handle with a little input and guidance. There's different levels to custom fabrication and I don't think you'd need to jump right to the top just for a couple sets of components. On the other hand, you could always bridge the amp to the components and have an amazing amount of headroom for them. There's plenty of options.

Yea, The review would be great once you get to listen to them. Im pretty sure ill go with 2 pairs and im going to go with what Denim suggested in the chat, get some velcro and just mess around with tweeter placement until they sound perfect, and then mount them where ever it sounds best. :) Thanks guys

To expand on what Mike said above, by the Velcro suggestion for anyone else curious, it is a cheap tool to use when placing your tweeters BEFORE you cut anything. For the most part, many car's stock tweeter location is not idea for you in particular. So messing around some with location before you cut door panels or A pillars, it is a good idea.