Sign in to follow this  
focalrock4life

wiring 100.4

Wire your left horn plus left tweeter to channel 1 and your right horn plus right tweeter to channel 2. Each channel will see a 4 ohm load, sending each speaker 60 watts give or take.

What tweeters do you have? Do you think they will be audible receiving the same power as those horns considering their efficiency?

The only problem doing it this way will be the ID horns and Soundstream tweets will be playing the same frequncy, which wont help the horns if you try and accomodate the tweets by going with a higher tuning. If you go with a lower tuning to accomodate the horns then the tweeters will probably get damaged for playing too low.

or sell my 100.4 and get a 200.4 before they sell out :morepower1:

it would probably still be cheaper to do option one though lol

No need to have that much power for the tweeters.

My personal opinion is two amps. Either a big 2 channel for mids, and smaller one for tweeters. Or keep the 100.4 and buy a 125.2 for tweeters.

or sell my 100.4 and get a 200.4 before they sell out :morepower1:

it would probably still be cheaper to do option one though lol

No need to have that much power for the tweeters.

My personal opinion is two amps. Either a big 2 channel for mids, and smaller one for tweeters. Or keep the 100.4 and buy a 125.2 for tweeters.

Refer to post #17.

Wire your left horn plus left tweeter to channel 1 and your right horn plus right tweeter to channel 2. Each channel will see a 4 ohm load, sending each speaker 60 watts give or take.

What tweeters do you have? Do you think they will be audible receiving the same power as those horns considering their efficiency?

The only problem doing it this way will be the ID horns and Soundstream tweets will be playing the same frequncy, which wont help the horns if you try and accomodate the tweets by going with a higher tuning. If you go with a lower tuning to accomodate the horns then the tweeters will probably get damaged for playing too low.

Then what do you suggest? I already have the 125.2 and 100.4 so there's no turning back lol

I have the soundstream sst-05 tweeters, so yes they keep up

Oh ok, I was looking at those tweeters awhile back myself. How would you say they compare or differ from the horns sound wise? Thanks

Well the horns really out perform the tweeters in every way as far as frequency range and all around loudness. However, they were designed for different reasons. I feel The tweeters fill in the little extra something in the much higher frequency Range that the horns were lacking. I feel it just gives the finishing touch, to the music, so to speak.

You could just put some blockers or wire an in-line crossover to the supertweeters and run them like I stated earlier or you could just run them off of the headunit.

Hy this is like my setup.

4 neo-pro 8s... Bridged on the 100.4

2 srlenium st200s and 2 morel mdt-12 tweets

1 of each wired to 4 ohms per channel on a 125.2

The neo pros will get loud wired 1 per channel but 2 bridged is another story.

Sign in to follow this