RidinLoudProditons

whats your thoughts, FUSION PP-FR5252

Well I just got my pair of fusion 5 1/4s I won off ebay today. Wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. Not 100% sure what I am going to do with them. But They came brand new in box for pretty much the cost of shipping so could not pass that up.

Got some pics and will post the specs

102_3829.jpg

102_3830.jpg

102_3831.jpg

102_3833.jpg

102_3834.jpg

102_3835.jpg

max 160

rms 46

compliance cms 794

cone area sd 8.2

d c coil resistance RE 3.2

electrical q qes 1.34

force factor BL 2.76

free air resonance fs 70hz

frequency response 70hz-20khz

impedance 4

mechanical excursion 11.5

mechanical q qms 4.34

sensitivity 86.3

total loudspeaker q 1.03

magnet structure 8

Not a bad deal, but I doubt anyone on here has any experience with them. Hook 'em up and let us know what you think.

They are fairly decent. Good for factory replacements.

look pretty cool... kinda loving the basket design ...

Yeah. I know fusion is not a huge brand in car audio now days. I love there old stuff, dont have much experience with there newer stuff. I had them hooked up straight to a head unit and sounded pretty good but would not take it at 75% volume the suspension was maxin out with all settings default but then again that was total free air. plus just being a head unit most likely had some distortion 2. once i get my 4 channel amp back im hook them to that to see how they sound maybe create a baffle for them 2. Just was more curious if anyone has mess with them so I know if they are really even worth keeping around and possibly using or should I just resale them. I am doing a killer front stage maybe ill wire them up for back stage just to do it for sh its n giggles

Tuned in for results, pretty nice that they have push terminals.

yeah that is a nice feature on them, Fusion honestly puts some nice features in there products Like there old powerplant subs. each terminal had 2 connections to make wireing them up really easy so your not trying to shove to wires into 1 hole. Also they was the first one to have a head unit you put a IPOD inside of.

it has the hole on the top front, with a screw in from the side, then a hole in the side with the screw for it on the top.

100_3606.jpg

Well, had some issues for testing did not go over as smooth as I was hopping but they sound good. the power they can handle IDK but sq wise I think they performed pretty good.