starvingf150

Vented build 2 SX 12s

I have a Dodge Journey that I want to put 2 SX 12s in. (By the way, only have one right now, need another. Put the word out, D2)

I want to have the 'right' box for it. Not one that a experienced builder can demo and know quickly that it's a crap build. I have been reading the available threads on what makes a vented box a 'good' vented box. But to honest, it seems pretty complicated. I am not a fluid dynamics student. But I am trying to learn.

It is hard to narrow down my music style. It's 50/50 between hard rock like Metallica and such, and also rap/hip-hop. I know that doesn't make it easy.

It will be running on a solid 2300wrms.

I have the whole back available for the build, but if it possible to be not so bulky, that'd be great. I will have to take it in and out often as its a company car. Lol. I am willing to make sacrifices either way.

I built a slot ported box from the site RE Audio has, a few years ago. It was tuned to 35Hz with 1 SX 12 on 600wrms and I liked it. But isn't that a generic build? Can I get better results by digging in deeper with design advice?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Ok, first what is the size of the box you have? What kind of port and what size. Also could you give the size of the space you have to work with for this new build?

Duane

Ok, first what is the size of the box you have? What kind of port and what size. Also could you give the size of the space you have to work with for this new build?

Duane

I don't have a box built at all. I'm looking for advice on what design to build, overall. That's including volume, port area and tuning, etc.

My old box was 2.5cuft at 35Hz slot ported and loved it. Don't remember the port area on that though.

Overall size limit for this build would be below glass. Hence the moving it in and out often. So 48" wide, 24" tall, and 36" deep. So 24 cu ft before port and sub displacement, right?