Sign in to follow this  
ollie

Donn's Box for the 15 d2

Now everyone knows that LR posted his free box of the week on CA and it looks good to me but then again i dont know much about it, he does. is 3.2ft^3 big enough ? hes got it tuned to 32 and that seems so much easier when you have all of the cutout sizes laid out for you in that diagram. im thinking i might want the tuning more at say 29 but im not sure. i was going to go sealed for the easiness of the construction versus ported but im lookingat my options as of now. anyone care to comment? :D

Now everyone knows that LR posted his free box of the week on CA and it looks good to me but then again i dont know much about it, he does. is 3.2ft^3 big enough ? hes got it tuned to 32 and that seems so much easier when you have all of the cutout sizes laid out for you in that diagram. im thinking i might want the tuning more at say 29 but im not sure. i was going to go sealed for the easiness of the construction versus ported but im lookingat my options as of now. anyone care to comment? :D

it is a bit on the small side, but not everyone has room for 4 cubes in their trunk. when designing boxes for the masses i usually try to take that into consideration. if you'd like me to design one for you that's slightly larger or tuned differently, hit me up with an email and i'll see what i can do.

hey gnome audio i paid you last week sometime like monday or tuesday. just wondering when my sealed magnum 15'' D2 box will be done?

The box design that was posted will be fine. If the designer of the enclosure didn't raise the tuning from what we recommend in 4 cubes I would have a problem with it. But it's just one of those things - for a given alignment, going smaller forces you to raise tuning. It looks good to me. :) The larger box, however, will play lower (obviously b/c of the tuning alone).

hey gnome audio i paid you last week sometime like monday or tuesday. just wondering when my sealed magnum 15'' D2 box will be done?

did you buy the one that was already built? if so, it should ship out tommorrow or wednesday. otherwise, i'll have to check my records.