Sign in to follow this  
steveo50

agm charger?

My buddy has a charger its a "smart charger" so he says will charge a 2v something charge its like the slowest charge he says. It has every abbreviation on it but agm. Will it work for my 3100?

is it fully dead?

its fine. just do a 2amp charge,

Lol see I have no clue about charging them 2amp ooops! Thanks bro fyi I voted for you on the sound deadening thing. Hope you get it.

thanks!!

Agm's like slow charge or fast charge? Heard mix opinions from people.

i have a AGM charger.. so i charge them fast.. but my guy at the local battery rebuilder tells me they need a slow long charge from dead..

Chargers with computer controlled charging is the best way to go. You can set it on a higher amperage charge, and it'll give it a quicker initial charge, then stop. Once the voltage drops down to a predetermined point, it will then begin to use a lower amperage charge to slow charge the batt so that it will hold voltage better. I have Vector 2/6/10 and 2/10/20 chargers, and they work great. I also have a big Schumacher 2/20/50/150 that is automated as well. I haven't had any issues with any of them, and if it makes you feel better, the Vector chargers are what Kinetik put their name on back when they sold their own chargers(not sure if they still do).

Edited by RAM_Designs

Well my buddy has had it since...3days ago I don't plan on getting it till sat so a week of charging it will be ready to go? I was also going to make my own side mount (inputs?) Prob from copper. Any sizes suggestions?