Sign in to follow this  
snowy8171

Help with Hid Headlights

hey so i just installed my new headlights on my car and got a HID conversion kit. i hooked everything up correctly (lights, relay, capacitors, etc) but now im having problems. i went to drive to the store and they started to flicker even with the capacitors on. they were working fine earlier today when i installed them around 2pm. but now when i got back from the store they flickered. i got home went inside to get some tools and came back out to try and see whats up but now they wont even turn on.

any ideas to why they are not working now.

flickering is normaly low voltage....

where is the ballest mounted?

they are mounted close to the back of the head lights. i was able to mount them to a metal bar that had holes in it to secure them easily.

how do i fix the power situation?

would low wattage mean they wont even turn on now? because they were working fine earlier today but then like 30 mins ago went to the store and started flickering and now they wont turn on

what would be the best solution. could it be the bulbs or ballasts? or would they not even work at first if it was. because they were working earlier today

is the ballest able to breath??

does the ballest kit have inline fuse?

check the fuses on your car too..

also some cars have circuit breaker for the head lights.

is the ballest able to breath??

does the ballest kit have inline fuse?

check the fuses on your car too..

also some cars have circuit breaker for the head lights.

ya its in pretty open space.

not sure if the ballasts have inline fuse

and not sure of the circuit breakers.

even if they were working fine earlier but now they seem to not work? what would be problem

holly shit.. im giving you things to check.. and you just keep saying." what could be the problem" "what could be the problem"

you need to get a relay for your harness. so it will draw power from your battery directly and use your headlight plugs for the "turn ON"

you need to get a relay for your harness. so it will draw power from your battery directly and use your headlight plugs for the "turn ON"

ya i already got one on it to the battery. thats why im stumped as to why they would work earlier today but then not work at all tonight

check the relay.. they can go bad, quickly in some cases.. check how many amps it is aswell. you may need a larger one.

check the relay.. they can go bad, quickly in some cases.. check how many amps it is aswell. you may need a larger one.

ight Im going check all this when i get off work tomorrow. do u think the relay could go bad in less than half a day of use. cus i just installed them earlier today a 2pm. it was raining and dark out all day so i had them on and they were fine. im going to disconnect and reconnect everything when i get back tomorrow.

if it is low voltage do i need a bigger battery or what?

Edited by Ethan

if it is low voltage do i need a bigger battery or what?

no.. for the most part they dont draw much.. so your battery wont be the issue..

un plug them then plug them back.. check your fuses on the car. check all connections again.. and check to ensure you geting power on the output side of the relay

Bet. I AM A check everything when I get off. Iffuses arent theproblem then I guess it would be the ballasts, bulb or relay wires?

good looking on the info. i was able to get them to work perfect now its just adjust the beams to make them correct.

but another question? what is the best way to wire up the halo's to work. im kinda a noob on doing things like this so any help will be awesome.

what was the problem?

what was the problem?

im pretty sure it was either a ground issue or one of the wires slipped out. i just took everything out and unplugged it and put it back together and it works perfect now.

now i just need to figure out how to wire my halos up.