Sign in to follow this  
ssh

If I had my entire front stage in the kicks, would it sound okay, since the mid range wouldn't be near ear level.

My 3-way Bravox are all in my kicks. You can't tell, my stage is still ~6 inches above the dash.

If you are doing an array (even a small one) my opinion would be to stack the drivers vertically and not horizontally. Something similar to your 5th picture above. The reason I would say this is because the dispersion is reduced in the orientation of the array, which works to our advantage if you're trying to avoid reflections, and generally the off-axis FR is also worse in the orientation of the array. So if you stack vertically you are limiting dispersion towards the dash and floor which reduces reflections and you aren't sitting in the off-axis area, if you run the array horizontally you are going to have more reflections off the dash and you'll be sitting in more of the "off-axis field" from the opposite side speakers.....which isn't good.

Though again, I don't think tweeterless with an array is a great idea. If you have a 6" center-to-center spacing (with two 3" drivers) then the interference is potentially going to start around 2250hz and get worse as you increase in frequency.

Let's rule some stuff out then.

Since I can only afford the processing for a 2way, that means no tweeter. Which means a vertical array of mid range drivers isn't a good idea.

So my options are: ~4" diameter driver with less then 3" depth that can play above the exodus ex-anarchy to the point of a tweeter (or at least where I would need it). It could possibly fit in the kick panels along with the ex-anarchy, if there isn't enough space, then it would go in dash but facing the person in the seat.

So is there any full range drivers that you can think of that would fit those limitations, so much stuff on pe and madisound it makes hard to choose well.

Or I could resort to a nice coaxial.

Thanks for taking the time to read through all this. :)

Don't be afraid to run that anarchy-ex, what ever the hell they call it, up to 3k. I heard them in a mazda 3 once. The mids were in the doors and the tweeters in the sail panel, uh the little corner of the door by the mirror. Anyways, the set sounded great, and got plenty loud. The owner of the car was toggling the crossover point from 1.5k up to 3k and it sounded real good. Granted he was running Morel Piccolo tweeters, but if your willing to pay for the focal 4" co-ax, the Piccolos might be viable. the midrange and mid-bass were great. He was running a Pioneer PRS880, or something like that, but an Alpine 9887 will do the job.

By the way good job on finding matching plaid shorts and slip on shoes. :fing34:

Yeah I've read where people had them crossed fairly high with great results.

If I use the rf 3sixty.2 to handle the mid bass and midrange, then split the mid range signal to new channels for tweeter, then use the amps crossover, perhaps it could work. Just have to find an amp that'll let me cross over that high.

Yeah just a coincidence, I've gotten white paint, fiberglass resin, etc all over those shoes, comfortable though.

I just read through the manual for the Alpine PXE-H660. http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_PXE-H660.pdf

It has one set of rca inputs, and and 3 sets going out: Front1, Front2, and rear.

The system's crossovers are set by the PXE-H660 during its automatic setup process. The

PXE-H660 also allows custom cut-off points for the high-pass and low-pass filters of the

Front and Rear speakers and the Subwoofer.

The frequency range of FRONT 2 changes based on the FRONT 1 configuration.

Once FRONT 1 is activated (Fc selected), FRONT 2 changes from a High-pass

crossover to a Band-pass crossover. This is to accomodate the 2-way output mode.

So that sounds like I could use front1 for mid bass, front2 for mid range bandpassed, then use the rear channel for the tweeter.

The entire unit is $250 and you can plug it into a laptop for adjusting everything at the driver seat.

^Nevermind, read though to see all the crossover points and won't work.

what kinda ride is this?

what kinda ride is this?

do you not see it says 2008 malibu in the name.........