I've decided that I would like to put two 10" dcons in my car this spring. Im trying to find an amp that will power them well without spending tons of money. I came across this MB Quart REF 800.1 for $135. Its stable down to 1 ohm and is cea complient. Is this too good to be true? I hear people hate on maxxsonics but it has all the features im looking for. Even if the numbers were skewed a bit I would still only need about 600w rms.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_25536_MB-Quart-REF1.800-REF-1.800.html

I've decided that I would like to put two 10" dcons in my car this spring. Im trying to find an amp that will power them well without spending tons of money. I came across this MB Quart REF 800.1 for $135. Its stable down to 1 ohm and is cea complient. Is this too good to be true? I hear people hate on maxxsonics but it has all the features im looking for. Even if the numbers were skewed a bit I would still only need about 600w rms.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_25536_MB-Quart-REF1.800-REF-1.800.html

I'm not really into amps like that but if it did close to rated I think it would be fine. Although the Dcon is rated for 300 watts Ive tried a LOT of different amps with it and it seems to like a good clean 400-450 watts more than anything else.

Are kenwood amps any good? How about the RE audio ones? I also found a boston acoustic that puts out 800w @ 2 ohms for $220.

Edited by dpgriff

Are kenwood amps any good? How about the RE audio ones? I also found a boston acoustic that puts out 800w @ 2 ohms for $220.

if your gonna spend 220 you might as well spend 260 and get an aq1200 (audioque is the company)

it puts out round 500 watts at 4 ohm. 850 at 2 ohm and 1200 at 1 ohm. gives you room to upgrade your subs in the future aswell

I think the incrimnators would be too expensive because I would need two of them. If I went with the AQ1200 should I get dvc and wire it to 1 ohm with the gains all way down or should I get the svc subs and run it at 2 ohms.

I think the incrimnators would be too expensive because I would need two of them. If I went with the AQ1200 should I get dvc and wire it to 1 ohm with the gains all way down or should I get the svc subs and run it at 2 ohms.

Why would you need 2 incriminator amps? They are extremely underrated and there is no such thing as underpowering a subwoofer if the amps werent underrated. You wont hear the difference between an amp that puts out 500 watts compared to one that puts out 1000 watts.

The IA would be a better buy than anything from the list you provided!

I know the amps I listed are not high quality but I cannot afford a 300 or $400 dollar amp. How much power will the IA put out? I want at least 600w of clean power. I'm skeptical about buying an amp rated at 450w to split between two subs when each can handle 400-450w.

If you want an exact number of what the amp can do then call Nick @ Incriminator Audio, he is a very helpful dude and will gladly assist you.

If coming from Incriminator Audio the 5.1 is more than likely underrated and will produce more than advertised. The CS you would recieve from IA and SSA will be nothing but top notch!

I think that 5.1 will be plenty for your application.