crazyj23

Speakers for a RZR. Need the best all around sound from 6.5s

Which 6.5" speakers put out the best all around sound from 150w max to each speaker. I'll probably only be using two speakers in pvc wakeboard style enclosures. It would be nice to have a little bass as well as decent highs and mids.

Don't we all.

Basically you want the best speaker, you want it to excel at everything, with zero compromises?

What's your budget? Mounting depth? I'm assuming this is coaxial as well? :rofl2:

Your not going to get any bass from a 6.5" coaxial, perhaps if it was a dedicated 6.5" subwoofer (but that's pushing it)...

When you say "RZR", I'm assuming a yamaha side by side? So the speakers will be in an open environment?

Yup I want the best of all worlds. Mounting depth is no issue. A RZR is like a mini dune buggy so yeah open environment. Budget isn't really an issue either but the cheaper the better. I can probably squeeze in 4 speakers. Never really thought about 6" subs. That is definitly an option. My biggest problem is the amp when going with more speakers. I was tryng to keep it small. At this moment I was thinking one of these - Pyle PLMRMP3A (yeah I know its pyle)

What Stefan means is you're going to have to compromise somewhere. He was also joking about the 6.5 inch sub, he was saying that even if you bought a 6.5 inch driver dedicated to bass (subwoofers) you wouldn't get much output at all.

I would ask questions to help, but Stefan already has :P

^Thanks, this wasnt meant to be all complicated. I was just looking for some suggestions. The Bravox 6's look nice at the moment and they are on sale :drink40:

No budget isn't an issue....The size and and depth of the build is. I want it simple.

^Thanks, this wasnt meant to be all complicated. I was just looking for some suggestions. The Bravox 6's look nice at the moment and they are on sale :drink40:

I believe SteveMead has some Bravox 6.5s for sale in the F/S section. I believe they are brand new.

------

I'm not very familiar with the rzr, so I don't know what limitations you have as far as space for amplifiers and speakers. I'm assuming it operates on 12v battery 14v charge?

Since your in an open environment it's going to be difficult to get any midbass punch or bass, especially when your cruising. I say you can end up with decent sound (loud vocals etc) but don't expect any bass or any impact from snares, etc.

Using multiple speakers will increase output (so you can actually hear music when cruising) but will ruin the last possible chance of any sort of "stage."

Mounting them on the roll cage won't help you, it'll just make you the obnoxious prick who screws up the trails by being loud. That being said, since budget isn't a concern you can pay someone to glass them in a better location. That still keeps it simple.

Are these going to get wet? After driving a Poo Razor through some puddles I am not sure how you could say no to that, but if it is the case you'll need some outdoor capable drivers. The Kicker HLCD setup works well in an open air environment.