worstenemy453

Box Design Help

DD 3515 Supercharged on an M2b.

Im thinking of 4.25 after displacements tuned to 36 hz. This will be a comp vehicle and a decent demo car. Obviously nothing spectacular, i compete in smaller classes. Would like it to still play decent on music. I listen to everything country, rap, rock, 80's-90's metal.

Do you guys think 4.25 net to 36hz will be a good combo, ive never played with a 15" before.

Edited by worstenemy453

Comp & Demo car does not scream DD. I'd try a different woofer.

Comp & Demo car does not scream DD. I'd try a different woofer.

My 1510's are a great little demo system but i need more power, and my 10's are tuned to 32 hz.

Ive never seen anything out of DD that would suggest anything but the complete opposite of your statement.

I am merely asking for opinions on my box plans, i know which equipment i am running.

DD 3515 Supercharged on an M2b.

Im thinking of 4.25 after displacements tuned to 36 hz. This will be a comp vehicle and a decent demo car. Obviously nothing spectacular, i compete in smaller classes. Would like it to still play decent on music. I listen to everything country, rap, rock, 80's-90's metal.

Why would you think that? *yes the question is pertinent since it will define the real answer

Do you guys think 4.25 net to 36hz will be a good combo, ive never played with a 15" before.

No, but that is because of your goals and equipment choice.

My 1510's are a great little demo system but i need more power, and my 10's are tuned to 32 hz.

And how does that apply to the drivers you've chosen to discuss in this thread?

Ive never seen anything out of DD that would suggest anything but the complete opposite of your statement.

Interesting. So DD has the magic sauce that is great at burps and playing music? Wails the lows and plays hard rock? If you truly think so, I'd encourage you to expand your horizons and listen to some other drivers

I am merely asking for opinions on my box plans, i know which equipment i am running.

Sorry, you asked what I think so I told you. I wouldn't recommend that driver in that box for your application. Perhaps if you clarify the application though and what you will compromise that could change.

Going in a toyota Corolla, sub and port forward into cabin.

Want decent numbers and a system i can play daily.

Im more interested in it playing rap well than anything else.

Im no longer going to run any product with Sundown written on it, I might be open to another Warden from Nick soon, I am a dealer for DC Sound labs as well so one of those might get dropped in, but at this point in time im content with DD.

Goals, space, power, budget all can define what you could run. Curious why you've decided on forward as well as why you thought what you thought before.

You've now ranked your goals as Rap first, burp numbers second, and then the rest? That requires a rather different box than if the order were different. And there are other manu besides DD, SA, IA & DC

Goals, space, power, budget all can define what you could run. Curious why you've decided on forward as well as why you thought what you thought before.

You've now ranked your goals as Rap first, burp numbers second, and then the rest? That requires a rather different box than if the order were different. And there are other manu besides DD, SA, IA & DC

I thought 4.25 net tuned to around 36 hz would be good because that was factory recomendation, but i wanted to get opinions form people who have more hands on experience.

Yes, rap first, burp numbers and then everything else. This is why i was planning on sacrificing my normally low tuning ( 28-32hz ) that i usually run to go up into the 36 range.