knockinthastreetzof608

2005 MUSTANG HID QUESTIONS

well im on ddm tuning right now about to order up some hids for my car and i know nothing on what is needed and not need i have right now i have my 55watt 6k bulbs have my correct bulb type h13 got the highs and lows, now the other 3 im kinda cluess on for the choices i can have

HID Harness- will i need this? i have no idea what this is for

Error Eliminator- i doubt i need this since my mustang doesnt tell me when my headlights are out or anything close to that, and from what i read that what it does

Adaptor cables- and also i dont think i need this since i already have the correct bulbs, or do i?

any help will be nice with his hid upgrade i will like to have a improvment in vison at night also i would like to have a nice white bulb with a very small hint of bue to it, did i choose the correct bulb color to achieve my goal?

The first thing you need is a proper housing designed for HIDs. Only then will they be worth a shit and not be another annoying, blinding mess on the road.

The first thing you need is a proper housing designed for HIDs. Only then will they be worth a shit and not be another annoying, blinding mess on the road.

so how do i do this what company do you reccomend my budget tbh is 300.00 i dont wanna go over that

I'm not going to recommend anything. The car and it's lights were not designed for HIDs, therefore, you shouldn't be installing HIDs.

I'm not going to recommend anything. The car and it's lights were not designed for HIDs, therefore, you shouldn't be installing HIDs.

so there is no way to improve my lighting? for my car?

Some better lamps, upgrading the wiring harness and relays. You should be able to google or go to the corral and find info. I'm not saying you can't go the HID route, I'm just stating the only way to get true HID lighting and do it correctly without blinding other drivers is to have everything engineered to work together. Unfortunately, only the OEMs do this. The aftermarket kits have no engineering behind them, they just throw together enough stuff to make them work.

okay i will do some research and see if i can do this myself, i wasnt aware of this as stated i am a complete noob at improving my lighting, as for being my second "fun" car she is really digging in my pockets deep

thanks for the new shed of "light" that you showed me :roflmao:

lmfao had too

i seen on a chevy fourm where they had made a cut off line.. from what i rememeber they used a cup,. and a scion projecter beam, and some hard work..

but the end result was a nice clean cut line .. as not to distract drivers. but it also looks cool...

i blind other drivers. my shit is every where...

but i never drive my car... i have a company truck and a few cars.

most cars and trucks can get away with just the kit. the relay is suggested so that you draw direct power from the battery rather than through the stock which isn't always able to keep up with the demand of the HID. error code eliminator is usually for foreign cars or the very expensive american cars.

Tire is right though, HIDs in a stock housing non projector does throw the light everywhere and can be annoying as hell to others. But, it does help spread more light on the road. I have them in my Blazer's oem housing and they do pretty well at helping me see at night.

In all honesty though, you only need the 35 watt kit. if you do go with the 55 watt, get the relay for safety reasons.

I worked at a shop where all we did was window tinting, HIDs and vinyl work.

Edited by Mtopper