Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

MTX 1501d linkable?

like my title says, im wondering if the mtx elite 1501d amp is linkable with a second 1501d elite? i did google it but came up with nothing so i was hoping someone on here might be able to help me out. i still have the 1501d amp i blew and mtx said they will put a new bored in it for $95+shipping. i would like to do that, then just get a second one in the future to push my 2 solo x 10's. let me know fellas!

I would assume so. My 4001d elite is linkable. What's the vc config of your solos?

Edited by Ryan916

I would assume so. My 4001d elite is linkable. What's the vc config of your solos?

there dual 1 ohm subs so they can run at either a final load of 1 ohm or 4 ohm. iv never linked amps before so i have no idea how it all works :ughdunno:

I would jut sell the amp and find one amp that is 1 ohm stable with the power you need. Even if the amp was strappable it should be ran at 2 ohms not a final load of 1 ohm once strapped.

I would jut sell the amp and find one amp that is 1 ohm stable with the power you need. Even if the amp was strappable it should be ran at 2 ohms not a final load of 1 ohm once strapped.

you have a point sir. i was highly considering the hifonics brz2400 untill i can save up for a saz 3000. i can get the hifonics for 309 shipped with a warrenty. and it does rated power.

I don't know what a 1501D runs price wise, but if it were an affordable option to repair the broken one and purchase a 2nd, there would be nothing wrong with running one amp per sub, each amp @ 2ohm for 1kw per sub.

You will not hear a difference between 2kw and 2400w from the Hifonics. Even the audible difference between 2kw and 3kw will be minimal, if it exists at all, especially once you factor in power compression. The difference between 2kw and 3kw is 1.75db under ideal circumstances, and I would be sincerely flabbergasted if you didn't have atleast 1db of power compression at that level.

I don't know what a 1501D runs price wise, but if it were an affordable option to repair the broken one and purchase a 2nd, there would be nothing wrong with running one amp per sub, each amp @ 2ohm for 1kw per sub.

You will not hear a difference between 2kw and 2400w from the Hifonics. Even the audible difference between 2kw and 3kw will be minimal, if it exists at all, especially once you factor in power compression. The difference between 2kw and 3kw is 1.75db under ideal circumstances, and I would be sincerely flabbergasted if you didn't have atleast 1db of power compression at that level.

1 1501d does like 1500 on 14V. i have a 260amp alt. and getting 2 deka batteries so i should get 1500 per sub... hopefully