Wasted2011

2 Fi SSD 12'' Setup Help

Id like to say hi to every one since i am new to the forum. I am considering buying 2 Fi SSD 12" and i was wondering which amp would be the best for these subs. Also which gauge wiring would be best and any other things i would need to get the best performance out of these subs.

Installation is going to play a big part. Are you getting a custom enclosure made? Building one, or buying a prefab?

Id go with a good 2000-2500rms amp, depends on your budget as to what brands.... 1/0 wire will be a must, do the big 3 and a 2nd batt and your good to go

Edit* Welcome to the forum by the way

Edited by hardrock2401

If your on a budget and can't afford to drop $300-400 on an amp and $200 on a battery, then use a smaller amp, they don't need 1000watts each to perform well. :)

Thanks guys on the quick reply's. Im not sure yet on how im getting the box. If i can i will go to Columbus car audio by my house and see if they will build me a box for them. And the 1000 watts a speaker is that rms or max? Also im not new to installing systems but i really havent dealt with big systems like this. So is there any tips and stuff that u guys could give me with installing batteries and wiring and hiding the wires.

Oh and what amp should i get for it like brand, watts, class, etc?

Edited by Wasted

Thanks guys on the quick reply's. Im not sure yet on how im getting the box. If i can i will go to Columbus car audio by my house and see if they will build me a box for them. And the 1000 watts a speaker is that rms or max? Also im not new to installing systems but i really havent dealt with big systems like this. So is there any tips and stuff that u guys could give me with installing batteries and wiring and hiding the wires.

Oh and what amp should i get for it like brand, watts, class, etc?

1000rms lol, Give us a budget that you are trying to work with...will help us alot in tryin to help u

Make sure you fuse front and back battery. A and L fuse 160 A+ in front and distrib block or same fusing in rear

You may not even need a battery in the trunk. What do you drive? And as previously stated you don't NEED to run 2000 rms.

Welcome to the forum!

Agreed. I say get dual 2s and run them bridged @ 2 ohm. Get a mmats d300hc and you won't need another battery for the 1400W it throws=)