Sign in to follow this  
Moofs

SD-12, power and box?

So what caught my attention with this sub is the price. I'm not really limited on space but I assume this is just as good as any woofer but a shallower mount. I have two questions about it though.

1. What is the suggested rms ratting for this sub? Is it 500rms like in the name? Or is that like max/peak rms?

2. Also, what would be a very general ported box size for this sub? I'm guessing around 2 cubes tuned to 32hz or something?

Thanks!

These are a very sturdy 500 watt rms driver. I would not hesitate to use a pair on an Sundown SAX-1200D amplifier or something similar in power output. They will use the same box sizes as the SA line.

I am getting one for sure in 12". Does anyone think I have enough power for two with my RF power 501bd amp? I currently have it hooked up to a RF HE2 D4 sub wired for 8ohms and my sub gain is all the way down. I'm going for a ""SQL"" setup. If I only get one it will be a D4, and if I get two I will get D2 coils so I can run them at 2ohms. Any thoughts or suggestions? I also have a solid 14.4 V going to the amp via a 220A mechman alt. and a xs power d3400 battery with all HAT speakers in the front stage, 3 way active processed with an MS-8.

i will try to get one sd-2 12 also powered with autotek mm1-1500d

should it be good enough to power it

i will try to get one sd-2 12 also powered with autotek mm1-1500d

should it be good enough to power it

That is more than enough power.

You only need 500rms or less unless your planning on a upgrade.A d2 or a d4 on the voice coils?

You only need 500rms or less unless your planning on a upgrade.

The RMS rating has nothing to do at all with how much power you need.

Sign in to follow this