Sign in to follow this  
snyderd758

sundown sa 10's

Hi i have a 2009 chevy silverado crew cab. I want to buy a pair of the sundown audio sa 10's im just concerned my box is a little small. The box is 1.02ft3 per chamber ported tuned to 36hz before driver displacement. Im currently running 2 jl audio 10w3v2 in a small sealed box(under the back seat which is where the new box will go)my sub amp is an alpine mrp m1000 i am running alpine components in the front and the deck is the pioneer avhp4300 which i love. I listen to almost exclusively metal ie disturbed, five finger death punch etc.... will these subs work in this box and how will they sound. I downloaded winisd and modeled them but to be honest i dont have a clue what i am looking at. If someone has other suggestions for different brands i am all ears my budget ceiling is about $400 i have seen rave reviews about the sundowns plus i wanted to take advantage of the current sale. One last thing the max mounting depth i have to work with is 6.25 inches. If anyone wants to look at the box it is at fox acoustics it is the one for 2 tens for the silverado crew cab.thank you and i hope i didnt ramble if you need any more info please let me know.thanks again-dave.

that box is shit dude. dont waste your money. the port area is wayyy to small.

i think you have afew options

-make your own box

-pay someone to make a custom box to the right specs.

or go with sealed..