Not neccesarily, you may have had a ground loop the whole time, the other amp may have had better input isolation, or at least enough that you didn't notice the noise... Also it could have been a difference of one amp having different chassis isolation and behaved differently when screwed down to metal...

Regardless, you probably haveb a loop and need to get rid of it...

Regardless, you probably haveb a loop and need to get rid of it...

Awwww that's no fun :(

Thanks Honda! :)

So basicaly to get rid of the loop you can just put the ground in a different place? Im having the same problem... But i get a loud thump when i turn my truck off also. But my noise changes when the rpms change. So i added a amp to my door speakers and now my subwoofer amp makes a noise... so im guessing i have ground loop also? But could i just ground them both at same place to get rid of it?

The only way to get rid of the problem is to get rid of the potential voltage difference. Sometimes this means everything has to be grounded at the same place. You just cannot expect everything in a car (full frame or unibody) to have negligable resistance. It just doesn't happen all the time. When it doesn't, you get ground loops. The more equipment you have, the more potential for problems.