Sign in to follow this  
808BMW

2 12's, low tuned port in middle, box q's?

Well I didn't want to jack CT_SRT's thread, but people were suggesting using a slot port in the middle to act as bracing.

I was originally considering this, but I need to use an L shaped port to get enough port length, and I couldn't figure out how to make an L shaped port act equally on the 2 subs.

I'm currently building my box, but have yet to cut into my front baffle, so sub mounting/port placement is still decidable.

My external dimensions are: 15H" x 36W" x 25D"

So that should give me about 7.1cf right?

Can anyone help me port this? I'd like to tune to 30 hz (lower if possible) with as much port area as I can fit. Any large port tuned that low will be longer than 20" or so right? How do I turn the port 2 ways?

Picture's/measurements?

Box is for 2 12" rl-P's, and will be getting 1000w+ RMS apiece.

Well I didn't want to jack CT_SRT's thread, but people were suggesting using a slot port in the middle to act as bracing.

I was originally considering this, but I need to use an L shaped port to get enough port length, and I couldn't figure out how to make an L shaped port act equally on the 2 subs.

I'm currently building my box, but have yet to cut into my front baffle, so sub mounting/port placement is still decidable.

My external dimensions are: 15H" x 36W" x 25D"

So that should give me about 7.1cf right?

Can anyone help me port this? I'd like to tune to 30 hz (lower if possible) with as much port area as I can fit. Any large port tuned that low will be longer than 20" or so right? How do I turn the port 2 ways?

Picture's/measurements?

Box is for 2 12" rl-P's, and will be getting 1000w+ RMS apiece.

bump because i want to know

think T, not L

Do you just split the length of the second port length between the 2?

I've changed my box plans (2 seperate chambers with their own port) But I'd still like to know for future installs.

think T, not L

I've changed my box plans (2 seperate chambers with their own port) But I'd still like to know for future installs.

I think with the dimensions you gave it would be closer to 6.15 cuft internal, with that you could use a 4"w x 13.5"h x 28" long should tune to 30hz. So if I'm right you would run the port down the middle 4" wide and then when you had to turn the port at the back of the box you would the go down to 2" wide this would be were it T's at the back.

I think this is correct, I would also like to know if this sounds right.

thanks

think T, not L

I think you are onto something with the 2 separate chambers. No funny questions there.