Julian

Front stage options/Ideas

Just my opinion, but I think an MS8 for a first time active user would actually be counterproductive. It helps a lot to know what's happening and why, and you don't get that with an MS8. Knowing what's changing electronically in the DSP, what affect that has on the sound, and why it the sound changed the way it did IMO goes a long way towards helping someone setup and understand an active setup. With most things the MS8 does happening behind a curtain, you have to do a lot if guesstimation as to why something is happening and what needs to be done to fix it when you don't get the results you expected out of the MS8. If you don't have the experience behind you to be able to make those guesstimations, it might actually be harder to get a good sounding system out of an MS8 on your first go-round than it would be with a manual DSP where you can see and hear things change simultaneously.

Yes, I see.

Is there something you could direct me to when it comes to the design of crossovers in car audio? As you had stated to learn what changes what and why?

I would seriously appreciate it, although I do have a fantastic deal on an MS8 which would be hard to give up.