Scottfi2011

10" ssd sealed enclosure size

I have ordered a 10 ssd sealed Qts. Looking to build a custom sealed box for my 2010 camaro. Since i want it to be as small as possible, I am looking at doing 15" w by 11"h by 9"d. Do these dimensions make sense? Would a different shape or size make the sub play better? Thanks

Sounds perfect, if you're using .75 MDF you will end up with 0.55 ft^3, but ensure you account for driver displacement. The shape of the enclosure will not make an audible difference.

That seems to be right in the range Fi gives on their site. If I go a few inches smaller or wider, how much would I be sacrificing or gaining? (depending on how much room I could utilize)

That seems to be right in the range Fi gives on their site. If I go a few inches smaller or wider, how much would I be sacrificing or gaining? (depending on how much room I could utilize)

I'd keep it where it is, the smaller the box the less efficient it will be. if you can manage .6 ft^3 you'd be perfect.

I'd keep it where it is, the smaller the box the less efficient it will be. if you can manage .6 ft^3 you'd be perfect.

Great thanks for the info. Can't wait to get it in! Do you know about how long the delay is right now for build time?