edouble101

JL Audio 2012 New Products

JL is not overpriced

maybe you should watch this...

i had a set of W7 12's out of a friends build. i think i offed them on Craigslist for 500 a great resale IMO

wish i woulda seen that. great price for a set of 12 W7s

i remember the first time i seen a W7 i fell in love. the look of it. how it sounded. how you recone it. beautiful sub. if it wasnt so much money i would of bought some. the price chased me away though.

cant wait to see what they create to out do the W7.

Edited by 10K

they make great stuff no doubt

Back in the day I had a pair of their lower end 12's (W0, maybe :ughdunno: ). I had them in a crappy truck box behind the seat in my Nissan and they still pounded like crazy and sounded pretty damn good too. If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate to run their products. I'd love to have a W7. I've never even heard one.

Edited by Dan208

IMO... JL makes a fine product and they are a very innovative company. Their pricing is appropriate for their target market -- they sell a TON of woofers.

They have an impressive list of patents if you search around... and I'm sure it costs alot to maintain their facilities as well.

Can you find better bang for the buck ? Sure... but I don't see JL going anywhere any time soon and I look forward to seeing their new stuff.

Not necessarily my cup of tea but very respectable products.

Something that people can take into account, is the piece of mind with a JL product. JL set's themselves apart as they do actually do very extensive engineering and testing of their own products. They are not pointing to pictures in a Chinese build house catalog like many do now. They market very well and don't make major changes every 6 months to their products. So they know people will pay a premium for a premium product if that product has actual value and support behind it. JL is the Mercedes of the market place, they are doing it right. None of their products are the zenith of their respective segments, but all are very good and have lot's of development behind them. I know that I can walk into any dealer and buy a 300/2 amp and know I am getting an excellent product that I know if something went wrong, I would be taken care of, and to many people that is worth the extra money.

IMO... JL makes a fine product and they are a very innovative company. Their pricing is appropriate for their target market -- they sell a TON of woofers.

They have an impressive list of patents if you search around... and I'm sure it costs alot to maintain their facilities as well.

Can you find better bang for the buck ? Sure... but I don't see JL going anywhere any time soon and I look forward to seeing their new stuff.

Not necessarily my cup of tea but very respectable products.

Very well said gentlemen!

:drink40:

JL Audio released information that they will be unveiling 42 new products at CES :)

They have a picture showing a 12w6v3, no information on it though. Looks similar to their 10th anniversary w7.

I am looking forward to hearing a new high end subwoofer line from JL.

I hope they ditch their HO enclosure line and redesign them with better build quality. All though, their lack of caring on enclosures has produced a decent volume of business for us over the years.

I hope they ditch their HO enclosure line and redesign them with better build quality. All though, their lack of caring on enclosures has produced a decent volume of business for us over the years.

What's bad about their HO enclosures?

Well, no W8, but some very nice products.

Other than the slim line no real innovations all the products seem a little recycled. W6V3 just had a little makeover. But nice makeover and very nice products. I really like the new slash v3 amps, just wouldn't pay that price for a 1200 watt amp.