Keith f

Anybody used Rainbow CS series ?

I just installed my new IA 6.5s comps (2 sets) using the rear 2 mid bass only, they are on the IA 6.4 amp, they sound really good but when I try to get the right mid bass coming thru one has a pop to it, and they are just not as loud as I think they should be,so I am looking into the rainbow CS 265.25 just wandering if anyone here as any experience with them , and are they louder than my current set up,I am also using a death row 12 in a sealed box( yes sealed ) and it sounds great it does not miss a beat it is in a 1.34 cu box , any suggestions would be appreciated , 2000 celica

yea the ai comps are not what really compatible to a single dr (i have one 12 ported and ai comps as well) the bass does the comps in after tweeking and tuning im not to happy with em. im thinking of doing an active set up with some other brands. that may be a better option. my ia comps are not loud compared to the sub.

I haven't dealt with the CS but have with the Rainbow SLC's, Germaniums and the Profi lines. Is their a budget that you're willing to spend? The SLC's are about $250 for a set and get decently loud. But if their is no budget then you could step up to the Germaniums or Profi lines. Profi lines get loud and the mid bass is super punchy. But if their are shops close to where you live that sells rainbows I would def go and check it out. It all depends on personal preference and install also.

What type of application do you have? I'm guessing that is the issue. You may very well drop the Rainbows in and find the same issue.

They are in my doors in factory locations with tweets in the sails, I have the doors sealed up pretty good and I have egg acoustic foam in the doors also, my budget I would like to stay under $800 if possible , love the DR and really sounds good sealed, I just have to keep it down so I can hear my highs, thanks for any help

Oh the CS series I am looking at are the germaniums CS 265.25

If $800 is your budget I would check out the Profi Line.

CS 265 Profi

CS 265 Profi Vanadium

CS 265 Profi Vanadium Cross

They're a step up from the Germaniums. Warm and detailed and the tweets aren't bright (harsh) at all. The cross comes with a silk tweet.

But if you want to save some money, pick up the Germaniums. You won't be disappointed. Just a suggestion.

If $800 is your budget I would check out the Profi Line.

CS 265 Profi

CS 265 Profi Vanadium

CS 265 Profi Vanadium Cross

They're a step up from the Germaniums. Warm and detailed and the tweets aren't bright (harsh) at all. The cross comes with a silk tweet.

But if you want to save some money, pick up the Germaniums. You won't be disappointed. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for your help, the germaniums are on the way and I will see what they do