Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Sundown E-10/12/15 PRE-ORDER

Original Discussion Thread

I expect to have this in by first of February if not sooner (working on better ETA). Production on the steel parts started first of last month but I am being conservative with the ETA due to the continually increasing delays we have experienced this year on production.

Due to popular demand I'll go ahead and open pre-ordering on these models.

E-10 D2 / D4 - $89 EACH ($105 regular)

E-12 D2 / D4 - $94 EACH ($110 regular)

E-15 D2 / D4 - $110 EACH ($130 regular)

Shipped in the continental 48 states. Hawaii and AK e-mail for quotes. !!! USA ONLY !!!

You can PAYPAL us at sundownz@sundownaudio.com OR order from your favorite local or online retailer during this pre-order sale.

I do expect the first production run to sell very quickly so if your heart is set on these go ahead and get them now.

!!! FRAMES WILL BE BLACK ON PRODUCTION !!!

----------

Weights :

10 - 16.4 lbs

12 - 16.9 lbs

15 - 17.8 lbs

Mounting Depths :

10 - 5.5"

12 - 6.25"

15 - 7.0"

Add 5/16" for production due to the spacer I'm adding.

All subs have 12mm one-way linear x-max by 70% BL method.

----------

Thermal test completed @ 60 Hz sine wave :

TIME // CLAMPED WATTS

THERMAL_TEST.jpg

At ~400 the heat wasn't building up any faster than it could be dealt with as demonstrated by the minimal drop in power over time once it hit operating temp. So I feel the 400 RMS rating is well deserved -- it could literally handle that "all day" so to speak.

Then we hit it with more power after the typical 5 minute test as we normally do... it took over 2 minutes at 500-700 after that to kill it.

Conclusion... thermal capacity is a non-issue on this design @ 400 RMS.

Little inside view after we cut it up :

CIMG5350.JPG

----------

Testing 400-watt E-15 prototype in free air. As per my comments in the video we'll have 8mm more rearward clearance on production (16mm p-p) so the driver will support even more throw before any mechanical tapping.

----------

E-10 :

E10-1.jpg

E10-2.jpg

E10-3.jpg

D2 Specs

E10%20D2.jpg

D4 Specs

E10%20D4.jpg

----------

E-12 :

E12-1.jpg

E12-2.jpg

E12-3.jpg

D2 Specs

E12%20D2.jpg

D4 Specs

E12%20D4.jpg

----------

E-15 :

E15-1.jpg

E15-2.jpg

E15-3.jpg

D2 Specs

E15%20D2.jpg

D4 Specs

E15%20D4.jpg

Edited by sundownz

FTW!! I've got a buddy at work that has been waiting on this pre-sale since I told him about them 2 months ago :woot:

Are we to assume that the ported/sealed requirements are going to remain the same as every other Sundown driver? He's thinking 2 in a Caddi with a full air ride system in the trunk.

Thanks

These should be finishing up early... which would put them in the first week or two of January !!!

So get those pre-orders in while you can!

Should be ordering a pair of 10s for a customer at my school, what are box recommendations on these?

Should be ordering a pair of 10s for a customer at my school, what are box recommendations on these?

^^This. I might have to get in on this.

Looking at these hitting the port in Savannah on the 9th or January -- I will be out of town upon their arrival but pre-orders should go out the week of the 16th as I'll be back on the 17th.

This pre-order will be over as soon as I get back from CES. I get back the 17th and back to work on the 18th... so you have until the 18th to get orders in @ this price.

I noticed the some of the specifications for the E-15" are pretty close to some other 15" woofers designed for IB, other then the high FS of 30hz. I know its not designed for but would this driver be capable of Infinite baffle? Have you done any testing, If so I'm interested in two E15's.

Thanks, Rod.

I noticed the some of the specifications for the E-15" are pretty close to some other 15" woofers designed for IB, other then the high FS of 30hz. I know its not designed for but would this driver be capable of Infinite baffle? Have you done any testing, If so I'm interested in two E15's.

Thanks, Rod.

You could use them IB -- of course with the typical mechanical handling trade-off of IB.

The E line is very rugged mechanically, though, so it will still take alot to hurt them mechanically in IB

Sign in to follow this