Sign in to follow this  
oxsign

Will a A2400DB be enough or to much??

I have a Power Acoustik A2400DB (1800w rms @1ohm) to push my 15"s. I just want to know if this will work fine with them? :peepwall:

its fine, do you already have that amp?

Yes I do. I've had it for about 3mths or so. It seems to do verry good. I had it pushing 3 12" FUBR power acoustik. It was good, but I wanted more SQ and a smaller box. :D

if your subs are dual 4 ohms im assuming your running a 2.66 ohm load to you amp by jumping each to to 8 ohms...i had the same amp and it ran at .5 ohm all day month year etc...so wire each dvc 4 ohm sub at 2ohms making a .66 ohm load..(there may be more chance of distortion but you'll get more power) it will handle it finely

Well those subs are now gone to make room for the rl-p 15"s I'll be getting here next week :bigok: . The 12"s were dual 2ohm each, so I had a load of 1.4 running to this amp with no problems. I just want to make sure that this amp will be "ok" for these subs. :D Things like enough or not enough power. I know that the 15"s can take alot of power, but I also know that they dont "need" more that 700w rms either.