Sign in to follow this  
Ohjay

Need a new HU

Well, it is finally time for me to get a new head unit for the Bronco. I really like the Alpine cda-7893 that is in it now but it's from 2002 and is cd only. The Alpine skips like crazy now when I try to get some decent bass going in there and I need to begin testing for next season so I'm going to purchase a new unit with usb. I'm looking for some suggestions on other units that I may have overlooked and some opinions on the few that I'm already interested in.

Here's the list of requirements:

1)Single DIN

2)3 preouts

3) USB (front really preferred)

4) Ability to play cds

Here's the list of units that I'm thinking about:

Kenwood KDC - x895 (I like this one and will probably end up with this one or the pioneer 8300)

Kenwood KDC - x995 (if only it had front usb, it would already be ordered)

Pioneer DEH-P8300UB (leaning towards this one as it's cheap)

Pioneer DEH-7200HD (don't need HD radio so this one is probably not going to end up in my ride unless it is superior to the others)

Pioneer DEH-610BT (used)

Thanks in advance fellas

I have the KFC-X794 (Which is the previous year's model of the 995 without the colored buttons) and it does everything I need it to and more. Variable xo points, variable xo slopes, phase control, it even has time alignment I think. If you can make rear usb work I highly recommend it.

Not to mention I've dropped the faceplate on the street four or five times and it just keeps goin.

I just realized how much I listen to fm radio and none of these units has preset buttons, I am now looking at the KDC - x695. It looks like it would be much easier to operate for a technologically challenged fella like me and it's cheap too. I think it will get me through the winter at least which is my main priority right now.