Sign in to follow this  
chuck_norris

amp for FI BL 12

I was looking into the hifonics amps for price reasons. Looking for an amp around or under 200. I was thinking about the hifonics brz1200.1D. Opinions? This is just going to be a daily driver build with one BL12. Any help is apreciated. And just for kicks, the car is a 1987 Suzuki samurai.

hifonics brutus amps are good. i used to own 2 brz2400s b4 i sold them for a stetsom 14k2d

I'm 16 and this is my first build is there some options I should order my sub with. I already have box templates downloaded onto my computer. I'm planing on running 1 FI BL12. Will it be too under powered? I have tons of questions. Any guidence would be very much apreciated

You could pick up a very nice amp to go with that BL for ~$200 if you're willing to buy used.

I found that hifonics brz1200.1D on amazon new for around 150. If it is enough power I will probably just stick with that. But if there are better amps that I could find used I would probably look into them

A BL in a proper enclosure could get pretty loud on low power. You don't need to run excessive power to get desirable results.

:WELCOME: to the forums!

Hey man thanks for the welcoming. I got the templates for the enclosure off this site. 2.4 cubes at 32hz ported. I just want to make sure I can prove to all the kids in my town that there two pioneer 12s they got at walmart with a 1000watt amp don't pound that hard.

the brz1200 would be fine but you could use the 1700 if you wanted...

You wont hear the difference between 500 watts and probably wont notice it on the meter neither, either one will do the job and be under your budget.

The Hifonics would work fine but you could seriously do much better by picking up something used. For around 200 or less you could pick up something like an Audioque AQ750 or AQ1200, Sundown SAZ1000 or SAE1000/1200, Digital Designs M1, Kicker ZX750.1, etc. There are many high quality amplifiers in your price and power range on the used market.

ineed. if you have a budget like you do.. i would shop for good used amps.. you can offten get wwwway more for your money. and in some cases you can pick an amp up from a audiophile, so you know it was used correctly (not stressed on low voltage) and so forth.

just a thought. but if you really must have that new hifonics, just besure you do the big three,make sure your voltage is right. and build a good box,

and have fun!

It depends on what you want, most of us would get it "fully loaded" but you may not need any options at all. Since you said you're looking to one up the locals, I'm guessing it's going to get abused, I would go for the flatwind coil option at least since it's only $15 and will increase the power handling and be able to withstand more abuse.

I'm not planning to run this sub cranked all the time. It will get used a lot but not always turned up. My parents hate anything with too much bass and I gotta ride around with them for 6 months while I have my permit. I'm getting the sub for x mas but I need to buy everything else is the reason for my strict budget. Am I going to need to worry about cooling and all of that?

Sign in to follow this